A Fishing forum. FishingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » FishingBanter forum » Canadian & Australian fishing newsgroups » Fishing in Canada
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Muskokas

Old October 3rd, 2003, 09:18 PM
PB
external usenet poster

Default Muskokas

i'm looking for good areas & tips for fall fishing in the Muskokas.In paticular in the Mactier/Parry Sound area
Thanks!

Old October 4th, 2003, 01:18 AM
Dan in the Bush....
external usenet poster

Default Muskokas

"PB" wrote in message . ..
i'm looking for good areas & tips for fall fishing in the Muskokas.In paticular in the Mactier/Parry Sound area
Thanks!
the Indian Reserve at Parry Sound has a good mix of wild and hatchery rainbow that range in size from a couple pounds up to a nineteen pound natural one that I saw last week being brought in. Fish there with powerbait or roe bags, colors vary by day. Also seen worms being used. The reserve charges about eight bucks to enter, but if you drive something beat up and look scruffy, they often let you pass for free. Three fish limit (not on the reserve, but the second you're off, your fair game for the warden!) but a nice spot. They have the route to the old docks in the bay clearly marked and takes anywhere from an hour to all day to get your limit, but even if you aren't catching, there is someone nearby who is.

Bring a long net, as there is anywhere from 2 feet to about ten feet from bank or dock to waterline.

Hope that helps.

Dan in the bush......

P.S. On sundays, you can often catch the very hot lady sales rep from Loomis out there for a day's R&R as well. Watching her is a free bonus!

Old October 4th, 2003, 05:14 AM
PB
external usenet poster

Default Muskokas

Thanks for the info!
I'll be sure to look out for that lady!
"Dan in the Bush...." wrote in message news
"PB" wrote in message . ..
Thanks!
the Indian Reserve at Parry Sound has a good mix of wild and hatchery rainbow that range in size from a couple pounds up to a nineteen pound natural one that I saw last week being brought in. Fish there with powerbait or roe bags, colors vary by day. Also seen worms being used. The reserve charges about eight bucks to enter, but if you drive something beat up and look scruffy, they often let you pass for free. Three fish limit (not on the reserve, but the second you're off, your fair game for the warden!) but a nice spot. They have the route to the old docks in the bay clearly marked and takes anywhere from an hour to all day to get your limit, but even if you aren't catching, there is someone nearby who is.

Bring a long net, as there is anywhere from 2 feet to about ten feet from bank or dock to waterline.

Hope that helps.

Dan in the bush......

P.S. On sundays, you can often catch the very hot lady sales rep from Loomis out there for a day's R&R as well. Watching her is a free bonus!