Connecticut Salt Water License

Old April 24th, 2007, 08:32 AM posted to alt.fishing
[email protected]

Default Connecticut Salt Water License

Okay... at this time it is POINTLESS to resist the out of control CT state
spending machine. They WILL pass ANYthing related to generating more revenue.
They just can't help themselves. Making a bigger and BIGGER state government is
their primary goal. It is a religion. Our government is our god and we simply
MUST make him more powerful.

With that_ one of the guys on another board came up with an interesting idea.
Rather and an unenforceable salt water fishing license why not put the cost on a
larger group than just the fishermen. Great diversion. It sucks but it might
just get the SW fishing license out of their heads. I am sick and tired of
sportsmen having to pick up the tab for bull **** projects that benefit
everyone. Here is my letter to my karma chameleon reps:

Dear Taxers,

Please vote NO on HB 7124.

This is a bogus attempt on the part of the DEP to build up rapidly dwindling
license revenue so they can have MORE money that is not regulated by the
standard budget process. We have seen more than enough no-bid contracts and
other waste coming from the DEP in the last 10 years. Please stop this rogue
agency from continuing its waste and spending.

I offer as an alternative a 5 year renewable boater license fee. This addresses
revenue issue for the DEP and puts the costs of so-called marine maintenance on
all recreational boaters not just the fishermen.

Old April 24th, 2007, 11:18 PM posted to alt.fishing
David H. Lipman

| Okay... at this time it is POINTLESS to resist the out of control CT state
| spending machine. They WILL pass ANYthing related to generating more revenue.
| They just can't help themselves. Making a bigger and BIGGER state government is
| their primary goal. It is a religion. Our government is our god and we simply
| MUST make him more powerful.
|
| With that_ one of the guys on another board came up with an interesting idea.
| Rather and an unenforceable salt water fishing license why not put the cost on a
| larger group than just the fishermen. Great diversion. It sucks but it might
| just get the SW fishing license out of their heads. I am sick and tired of
| sportsmen having to pick up the tab for bull **** projects that benefit
| everyone. Here is my letter to my karma chameleon reps:
|
| Dear Taxers,
|
| Please vote NO on HB 7124.
|
| This is a bogus attempt on the part of the DEP to build up rapidly dwindling
| license revenue so they can have MORE money that is not regulated by the
| standard budget process. We have seen more than enough no-bid contracts and
| other waste coming from the DEP in the last 10 years. Please stop this rogue
| agency from continuing its waste and spending.
|
| I offer as an alternative a 5 year renewable boater license fee. This addresses
| revenue issue for the DEP and puts the costs of so-called marine maintenance on
| all recreational boaters not just the fishermen.

The NJ legislaters have tried numerous times to create a NJ Sal****er License over the
years.

I agree -- Vote No !

I am with you.