Trolling for trout

Old April 8th, 2009, 04:10 PM posted to alt.fishing
Pittman Pirate

Default Trolling for trout

I bought a boat, and will be trolling for rainbows with a 1.2 hp motor.

Do I need all the flashy and heavy attractor strings, or can I get by with
just a keel sinker or a 3 way setup and a lure?

Sure gets complicated when one goes to the attractor strings, having to use
heavier pole and line and such.

TIA

Old April 10th, 2009, 04:43 PM posted to alt.fishing
Mike[_2_]

"Pittman Pirate" wrote in message
I bought a boat, and will be trolling for rainbows with a 1.2 hp motor.

Do I need all the flashy and heavy attractor strings, or can I get by with
just a keel sinker or a 3 way setup and a lure?

Sure gets complicated when one goes to the attractor strings, having to
use heavier pole and line and such.

TIA

No flashers are needed either a flat fish or a hot shot works well. I
normally troll these with out weight.
my favorite was trolling worms with a small weight, make sure you have a
good swivel or bead chain on your line, because the worm can twist your line

Old May 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM posted to alt.fishing
Nate Niemi

Hi, I like to use Mepps spinners, Cleos, and even Rappala's. I tend to find
the thermo cline and adjust my weight accordingly. I also use dipsy divers,
jet divers and most of the time use plainer boards to get the lures away
from the boat. It's fun experimenting with these things. Good luck!