My first one!

Old May 27th, 2004, 09:34 PM
George

Default My first one!

I've been watching this group for a while now and decided to show my cap
above the parapet! I'm a real newcomer to fly fishing (this is my first
full season - started in October last year) and I've just caught my first
wild brownie on a fly.

Thank God for Duffer's Fortnight! I really was beginning to despair as the
rivers I've been fishing are, so far, hiding their fish from me

But I managed a day at Kenmore where the River Tay leaves Loch Tay (£5/day
for trout ticket), and amidst fabulous scenery (including a red deer wading
the river) and a huge Mayfly hatch, managed to get a 1lb 1oz brownie on an
artificial mayfly.

What a thrill!! How could I have gone for nearly 50 years and missed this!

--
Harper Blue

you call it a rut, I call it a groove

www.bluescondition.btinternet.co.uk

Old May 27th, 2004, 10:32 PM
Sandy Birrell

George wrote:
I've been watching this group for a while now and decided to show my
cap above the parapet! I'm a real newcomer to fly fishing (this is
my first full season - started in October last year) and I've just
caught my first wild brownie on a fly.

Thank God for Duffer's Fortnight! I really was beginning to despair
as the rivers I've been fishing are, so far, hiding their fish from
me

But I managed a day at Kenmore where the River Tay leaves Loch Tay
(£5/day for trout ticket), and amidst fabulous scenery (including a
red deer wading the river) and a huge Mayfly hatch, managed to get a
1lb 1oz brownie on an artificial mayfly.

What a thrill!! How could I have gone for nearly 50 years and missed
this!

Well done!! Once you start you will never stop

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--

E-Mail:-
Website:-

Old May 28th, 2004, 11:32 PM
W. D. Grey

In article , George
writes
But I managed a day at Kenmore where the River Tay leaves Loch Tay (£5/day
for trout ticket), and amidst fabulous scenery (including a red deer wading
the river) and a huge Mayfly hatch, managed to get a 1lb 1oz brownie on an
artificial mayfly.

What a thrill!! How could I have gone for nearly 50 years and missed this!

Well done George, and welcome to the throng.

By the way - it took me nearly 50 years to catch my first 1 lbs brownie.
Plenty just below but never the 1 pounder. On that day a couple of
years ago I took four brownies, three were around twelve-fourteen ozs
and one was just over the pound.

You've started well :-)
--
Bill Grey