What a pleasure

Old August 12th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Clark Reid

Default What a pleasure

I have been on this forum for a few years now and have great delight in
saying I have met a few of the participants. I wish it were more...

last weekend I had the pleasure of meeting Stephan Welsh at a fly-fishing
expo in Melbourne Australia. What a delight to meet a fellow roffian and to
find he is a heck of a nice guy and ties a *MEAN* Tom Thumb!!!

It was great to meet you Stephen, and I hope to meet more of this vagabond
group in upcoming years.

Regards

Clark Reid
www.umpqua.co.nz

Old August 13th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Stephen Welsh

"Clark Reid" wrote in
:

I have been on this forum for a few years now and have great delight
in saying I have met a few of the participants. I wish it were more...

last weekend I had the pleasure of meeting Stephan Welsh at a
fly-fishing expo in Melbourne Australia. What a delight to meet a
fellow roffian and to find he is a heck of a nice guy and ties a
*MEAN* Tom Thumb!!!

They were Tom JONES ... (((Bloody Kiwis...)))

;-)

It was great to meet you Stephen, and I hope to meet more of this
vagabond group in upcoming years.

Thanks for the kind words Clark, you're a reasonable sort of snoozer
yourself. ;-)

The thing that came across from yourself (and Steve - henceforth referred
to as Kiwi Steve ;-) was your enthusiasm for the sport. (Warning for
anyone who may encounter Clark or Kiwi Steve in person: I was supposed to
be helping out on a stand and ended up spending a couple of hours with
these blokes (someone had to do it - and Kiwi Steve could talk the leg
off a chair. I would love to have been a fly on the wall listening to
the accents ;-)

All crap aside, whether in business or pleasure, it is great to be able
to put a face to a name that is usually at the end of phone line or email
address. Within the realm of our particular pastime it may be even more
so.

Anyway, here's hoping we can drown a few flys together in the near
future.

Regards

Clark Reid
www.umpqua.co.nz

Good luck with that, Clark.

Steve (Yeah. He was proably pulling my leg about the Tom Thumb. The
stirrer :-)