Best fishing line?

Old July 2nd, 2004, 02:23 PM
dscotts

Default Best fishing line?

Jeff Durham wrote:
Thanks for the info. I need more practice anyway with tying different knots
and I will give that a try with the palomar.

I basically use braided lines and fireline, seldom any mono, except an
occasional leader and for very shy strippers in the river, so the whole
cutting the line is a pain in the ass, especially when your changing
lures like a crazy man some days as my eyes are going bad along with the
rest of my aging body. sharp knives, nail clippers, a good pair of
scissor, all have their little disadvantages and none the magic cure and
eventually your basically cutting, or more appropriately, ripping the
line in two - maybe those quote, unquote fishing line scissors are the
answer but one more gadget to carry on the water ... got enough crap?

all in all, the super lines are not a problem when your cutting off the
lure and can get some leverage, but a definite pain when tying on and
dealing with that small tag end and keeping waste to a minimum.
discovered this by accident one day, years ago, when I made the loop to
small to get the lure through and pulled on it out of frustration to get
it bigger then noticed by pulling on the other side reduced the tag end
and from there, like I said, no more cutting, at least while tying on
the lure which again is the biggest pain. while your practicing that
knot, give it a try, one less step and more fishing time, especially
when there on.