Mahseer

Old January 3rd, 2010, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
[email protected]

Default Mahseer

Hi All

Off subject...but on subject too. My wife has arranged a trip to (Chritsmas
present!) India in 2 week for me to try my luck at Mahseer. I've bought just
about all the gear but I cannot find any Owner Mahseer SWW 6/0 and 8/0 hooks
in stock anywhere! I've tried all the usual stockist. Even the Angling
Direct (who I'm going with, can't supply!) Can anyone help?
If any of you have been, any info or experiences would of interest to me.

Regards
Roger

Old January 6th, 2010, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
[email protected]

Hi Jon

I actually ordered Owner hooks from Harrissport about a week ago as it
looked as if they were in stock as per your link still says... the return
email to me said out of stock. I called them and they do not know when they
will be in stock! All other usual suppliers have none..so, I've ordered from
Cabela's in the states this morning who claims they are in stock...fingers
crossed they are and they make it over to me through the snow before I go.
This Mahseer fishing is more tricky than I first thought! I'm £50 down the
road and not the owner of an Owner hook yet!
Looks like Kamasan Hooks K58 and some smaller G Point Hooks are going to be
my fallback hooks as I could actually get them off the shelf.

Thanks
Roger

"Jon" wrote in message
. ..
wrote...

Hi All

Off subject...but on subject too. My wife has arranged a trip to
(Chritsmas
present!) India in 2 week for me to try my luck at Mahseer. I've bought
just
about all the gear but I cannot find any Owner Mahseer SWW 6/0 and 8/0
hooks
in stock anywhere! I've tried all the usual stockist. Even the Angling
Direct (who I'm going with, can't supply!) Can anyone help?
If any of you have been, any info or experiences would of interest to me.

Regards
Roger

Didn't look very hard, did you

http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Mode...?ModelID=11905

10 seconds on Google

Old January 6th, 2010, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
[email protected]

"Jon" wrote in message
. ..
wrote...

[...]

"Jon" wrote in message
. ..
wrote...

Hi All

Off subject...but on subject too. My wife has arranged a trip to
(Chritsmas
present!) India in 2 week for me to try my luck at Mahseer. I've bought
just
about all the gear but I cannot find any Owner Mahseer SWW 6/0 and 8/0
hooks
in stock anywhere! I've tried all the usual stockist. Even the Angling
Direct (who I'm going with, can't supply!) Can anyone help?
If any of you have been, any info or experiences would of interest to
me.

Regards
Roger

Didn't look very hard, did you

http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Mode...?ModelID=11905

10 seconds on Google

http://www.leslies-luton.co.uk/featowner.htm

5111 and 5115 SSW
Up eyed hooks with a choice of needle or cutting points for a wide range
of big fish. Sizes up to 8/0 for Mahseer and Big Cats. Sizes down to 8
for other fish. The up eye is Ideal for pop up and stiff rigs.
Available in sizes 8, 6, 4, 2, 1, 1/0, 2/0, 3/0, 4/0, 6/0 and 8/0.

6/0 and 8/0 out of stock at Leslie's. Just checked with Cabela and its being
shipped as I type!!! I think I may sleep tonight.