NEW FISHERY

Old August 6th, 2006, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
PeteL

Default NEW FISHERY

Dont know if anyone is interested but a new fishery has opened up.

Location: WATERGATE FARM, WATERGATE ROAD, BULFORD VILLAGE, WILTSHIRE

Only opened on friday - stocks Carp to 15lb, tench and roach.

1 large "u" shaped lake small islands dotted around (well i say large
its about 2 acres in total i reckon)

Its got some strange rules but is learning from what happened at
Witherington Farm, Downton i think.

No boilies, no keepnets, no braid, no more than 5 pints of bait and 1
kg of dry bait

Open at moment 0730-8pm daily

Bit pricey at £5 a rod!!!

Hope info is of interest to someone!!

Old August 6th, 2006, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Richard

"PeteL" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dont know if anyone is interested but a new fishery has opened up.
snip
Its got some strange rules but is learning from what happened at
Witherington Farm, Downton i think.
************************
What happenned there?

Richard
**********************

Old August 6th, 2006, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Alec Powell

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, PeteL, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Bit pricey at £5 a rod!!!

Interesting Pete., not that far from me.
Just as a matter of interest is 5 quid for a days fishing expensive?
Can't say as how I've bought a day ticket for quite a few years .always
being a member of a club etc. (£11 a season - pretty good value to me)
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

Old August 7th, 2006, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
PeteL

Richard wrote:
"PeteL" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dont know if anyone is interested but a new fishery has opened up.
snip
Its got some strange rules but is learning from what happened at
Witherington Farm, Downton i think.
************************
What happenned there?

Richard
**********************

Apparently they had a bit of algae and some lack of oxygen in the water
- a few fish had suffered. Also the rules had been blatently abused and
the place had been over fished - they fished out 6oz weights!!!

Supposedly all sorted now but lots of new rules introduced and
inspections of rigs etc before fishing.

Pete

Old August 7th, 2006, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
PeteL

Alec Powell wrote:
On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, PeteL, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Bit pricey at £5 a rod!!!

Interesting Pete., not that far from me.
Just as a matter of interest is 5 quid for a days fishing expensive?
Can't say as how I've bought a day ticket for quite a few years .always
being a member of a club etc. (£11 a season - pretty good value to me)
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

It was only my opinion that £5 for 1 rod was quite expensive for this
area when you consider at Longparish (VALE FARM) its £7.50 for 2 rods
and even Shearwater near Longleat is only £7 for 2 rods.

Will update you guys on what its like once i get chance to pop a rod in
the water. Its only 5 mins from me!!

PeteL

Old August 7th, 2006, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Steve Walker

In message , Alec Powell
writes

Just as a matter of interest is 5 quid for a days fishing expensive?

I'd have guessed 4-5 quid is normal.

Can't say as how I've bought a day ticket for quite a few years .always
being a member of a club etc. (£11 a season - pretty good value to me)

I think I spent about 70 quid on two cards this year; one of which, I've
hardly used.

--
Steve Walker
Old August 10th, 2006, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
PeteL

Alec Powell wrote:
On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, PeteL, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Bit pricey at £5 a rod!!!

Interesting Pete., not that far from me.
Just as a matter of interest is 5 quid for a days fishing expensive?
Can't say as how I've bought a day ticket for quite a few years .always
being a member of a club etc. (£11 a season - pretty good value to me)
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec Powell

(Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards)

Watlington
Oxfordshire
UK

I suppose it you are talking about fishing at private fisheries then it
can get quite pricey for season tickets - the monument in Shropshire
for instance is one of the newest fisheries and that is £20 a day and
must be pre booked.

But my point was that I thought £5 for 1 rod was quite expensive
considering the prices for other already established fisheries in this
area - and i suppose it people dont like that price they will just fish
elsewhere anyway.

I still havent had chance to fish there (wife just given birth took
priority) but will update the site about how my experience was when i
get a chance to try it out.

Old August 18th, 2006, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
PeteL

Well i finally got chance to try the WATERGATE FARM fishery - i only
managed to catch a 4lb 8oz common - in excellent condition. Another got
away (isnt that always the case)

Its a well run lake with a friendly baliff/owner (Charlie). - The only
complaint would be no toilet facilities - yet.

Will certainly be going back to try to get some of the tench that i saw
others catching.

Old August 20th, 2006, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.coarse
PeteL

darron palmer wrote:
where is hte new lake location
"PeteL" wrote in message
ups.com...

Well i finally got chance to try the WATERGATE FARM fishery - i only
managed to catch a 4lb 8oz common - in excellent condition. Another got
away (isnt that always the case)

Its a well run lake with a friendly baliff/owner (Charlie). - The only
complaint would be no toilet facilities - yet.

Will certainly be going back to try to get some of the tench that i saw
others catching.

If you actually read all the messages in the discussion - or more to
the point the first one it will tell you exactly where it