Looking for local places to fish

Old September 22nd, 2003, 06:56 PM
Matt \(IS Team\)

Default Looking for local places to fish

I moved down to Leicestershire a few months back and after getting all my
tackle replaced I am now looking for somewhere local to fish.
I live on the outskirts of Coalville.

There are quite a few commercial fisheries I know of down Hinckley/Wolvely
way (only 25 mins away) but I'm looking for alternatives.

My main interests are commercial 'carperies' and rivers. I've never fished a
canal but if there's sport to be had on one I'll gladly give it a go! (tips
on tackle/tactics would be more than welcome).

TIA,

m@

Old September 23rd, 2003, 06:36 PM
Peter Cliff

Have you tried looking under:

http://www.fisheries.co.uk

We list several in that area including two waters which have recently
been added - 5 Ways Lakes and Lakeside at Hinckley. The latter is good
if you are after some decent carp - a nice looking lily-pad type estate
lake. Coming soon is Peatling Pools at Peatling Parva whilst others on
the site include Mill Farm at Gilmorton (the old quarry has some nice
carp), Makins Fishery, The Glebe and Mallory Park Fishery. You should
also consider Hopsford Hall - again nice carp and nice surroundings.

Good luck!

Peter

In message , "Matt (IS Team)"
writes

--
Peter Cliff
Fisheries.co.uk
Old September 26th, 2003, 03:37 PM
Deep Thought

My main interests are commercial 'carperies' and rivers. I've never fished a
canal but if there's sport to be had on one I'll gladly give it a go! (tips
on tackle/tactics would be more than welcome).

Hi,

The first place that springs to mind is Kingsbury Water Park, their
website is at
http://www.fisheries.co.uk/kingsbury/

it one if the biggest fisheries in the Midlands.

I live local to Atherstone (about 10 miles south of you I think?).
I started fishing about 3 weeks ago (i.e. I've been once, caught
nowt!) but near Atherstone (enter CV9 as the postcode on multimap.com
to find it) there is The Riddings Fishery at Grendon (on the A5 a mile
west of Atherstone) that have 3 carp pools I believe.

the website for them is

http://www.fisheries.co.uk/riddings/

as for canal fishing, the Coventry canal runs through Atherstone, and
the River Anker runs just north of it, both river and Canal heading
towards Tamworth.

There's a chap who runs a fishing tackle shop called Hambry's in
nearby Polesworth. his address phone number is

Hambry's Fishing Tackle
8 Tamworth Rd
Polesworth
Tamworth
Staffordshire
B78 1JH
Tel: 01827 895011

the canal is leased by (amongst others) Kingsbury AC, Birchmoor AC ,
Dordon AC
(these are all villages and areas local to me.)

if you want to know any more about the this area, please feel free to
contact me off-list
Old September 26th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Carla Boulton

in article , Deep Thought at
wrote on 26/9/03 2:37 pm:

[...]

You might also try Pete and Anne Struthers at www.2bridgeeend.co.uk, they
have stretches in the area
Regards
Carla
www.NaughtyMutt.com

Old September 26th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Carla Boulton

So sorry that should have been
You might also try Pete and Anne Struthers at www.2bridge-end.co.uk, they
have stretches in the area
Regards
Carla
www.NaughtyMutt.com

Old September 30th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Matt \(IS Team\)

"Carla Boulton" wrote in message
So sorry that should have been
You might also try Pete and Anne Struthers at www.2bridge-end.co.uk,

they

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll be off to Riddings soon!

What I was ideally looking for was something *really* close to home.
I asked around in the pub and found out about Snibston Colliery Ponds (at
the Discovery Park, about 5 mins drive from home!) and went to have a look
last night. It looks quite nice, a bit smaller than I would normally fish,
but it looks like it would make for a good day.

I've also been told that there are some fisheries at Syston and Groby,
anyone have further info?

m@

Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:48 PM
crucksayarn crucksayarn is offline
Junior Member

Use of local fishing guides, identify areas for fishing in your area. Find out what type of fishing situation, availability and more.

Fisheries characteristics of the guides have open access - whether club membership is open, or day passes available.