sears diehard trolling motor

Old June 22nd, 2004, 06:09 AM
Bill

Default sears diehard trolling motor

Does anyone know if Sears still supports their Diehard Trolling motors,
couldn't find a listing for them on-line.

Seems like Sears has gotten out of the boating business, no boats or motors
offered

Bill

Old June 22nd, 2004, 11:30 AM
Bob

Don't know if they still do, probably the best answer would be to call your
nearest Sears outlet and ask them.

If you are in the market for a new battery, you might give a try to whatever
you have in the way of a local farm supply outfit. Here in Wisconsin we have
Mill's Fleet Farm and also Blain's Farm and Fleet as two of the biggies. I
do not know about Mill's, but for quit a while now, Blain's branded
batteries have been made by Johnson Controls. This is the same company that
used to supply Sears (at one time) with their Diehards.
I am not sure, as I have never checked, but someone once told me that the
Eveready starting and deep-cycle batteries were also made by Johnson
Controls. These are carried locally by K-Mart.

Good luck
Bob

Old June 22nd, 2004, 12:46 PM
Andrew Kidd

"Bill" wrote in message
Does anyone know if Sears still supports their Diehard Trolling motors,
couldn't find a listing for them on-line.

Seems like Sears has gotten out of the boating business, no boats or

motors
offered

Bill

I just bought some Diehard marine batteries about a year ago. They worked
great. I've since sold the boat, but they did the job okay for me.

Here's some more info...

http://tinyurl.com/2u9hd

--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

Old June 22nd, 2004, 02:14 PM
Bill

Thanks for the replies!

I'm looking for parts for a Diehard Trolling motor sold by Sears. Namely a
prop, and a parts list with an exploded view drawing would be nice to have
too.

Bill

Old June 22nd, 2004, 02:39 PM
Bob La Londe

You will need to go to a Sears store with the trolling model and serial
numbers. Don't waste your time talking to anybody in the store. They will
treat you like you are stupid, because they won't have a clue what you are
talking about. Go out to the parts department. They can look up parts for
just about anything. Not all parts are still available depending on the age
of the motor, but I was able to order some parts for a Sears gas outboard
motor that was built in the early 1950s.

--
Public Fishing & Boating Forums
Fishing & Boating Link Index

Old June 22nd, 2004, 10:57 PM
Andrew Kidd

Bill,
Sorry, I only browsed the original message...

Old July 13th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Cory Cory is offline
Junior Member

Thumbs up