nymph flyes/fishing

Old May 23rd, 2004, 10:35 AM
fish.iddx.net

Default nymph flyes/fishing

Hi,

Can anyone here recommand any thorough books/videos with nymph fishing/nymph
tying? I'd like to get into the details with the different families/species
and the different fishing techniques. Also a guideline on what kind of gear
is the best for different situations.

I live in Denmark, Europe, so books about insects which is only native to
amerika, is of minor interest at this point of time. )

Thank you in advance
Thomas Schreiber

Old May 26th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Ellis Morgan

In article , fish.iddx.net
writes
Hi,

Can anyone here recommand any thorough books/videos with nymph fishing/nymph
tying? I'd like to get into the details with the different families/species
and the different fishing techniques. Also a guideline on what kind of gear
is the best for different situations.

I live in Denmark, Europe, so books about insects which is only native to
amerika, is of minor interest at this point of time. )

Thank you in advance
Thomas Schreiber

Have you seen Nymph fishing in practice, Oliver Kite
Swan Hill Press, 1 84037 1-8 0?
--
Ellis Morgan
Old June 1st, 2004, 08:28 AM
Daniel M. Handzel

Thomas,
you should also try:

"Nymph fishing for Larger Trout" by Joe Brooks
He shows different techniques of nymph fishing according to different
situations. Not to forget his own "Brooks Method"!
There are also some very useful patterns which are very general, so you will
be able to use them in denmark to!

another classic is
"Nymphing - A basic book" by Gary Borger.

and
"Tying and fishing the Fuzzy Nymph" by Polly Rosborough.

Though these are american books, too, they are useful for trout fishermen
around the world.

There is also a very good book by three austrian authors:
"Entomologie für Fliegenfischer" by Reisinger, Bauernfeind, Loidl. ( ISBN
3-8001-3594-9 )
They are biologist/entomologist and tackle dealer by profession, so they
know what they are talking about. In this book you will find Info about
mayflies, caddis and stoneflies from the nymph to the adult insect.
Brilliant pictures from the naturals and their imitations!

And finally, if you are really REALLY into entomology I can recommend
"Die Eintagsfliegen Zentraleuropas" by E. Bauernfeind and U.H. Humpesch,
Verlag des Naturhistorischen Museums Wien, 2001 ( ISBN 3-900 275-86-6 )
This is a book for biologists from the same author as above. Nothing about
fishing in it, but very useful in identifying the insects from larva to
adult!

I hope, I could be of any help...
TL,
Dan

Old June 6th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Salmo Bytes

"fish.iddx.net" wrote in message ...
Hi,

Can anyone here recommand any thorough books/videos with nymph fishing/nymph
tying? I'd like to get into the details with the different families/species
and the different fishing techniques. Also a guideline on what kind of gear
is the best for different situations.

I live in Denmark, Europe, so books about insects which is only native to
amerika, is of minor interest at this point of time. )

Fishing the Nymph, by Jim Quick: now out of print, but often available
at second hand book outlets.
Old June 6th, 2004, 09:31 AM
fish.iddx.net

Thank you for the replies. I'll try to look them up. )

/Thomas