Club tourneys & other trails

Old November 2nd, 2004, 02:45 PM
RGarri7470

Default Club tourneys & other trails

December meeting would be the
last meeting of the year that maybe we should go ahead an pick the lakes
& dates for the 2005 season.

Both clubs I am in set our schedule for the year at the November meeting. We
always fish the weekend after the meeting unless there is a major holiday. The
guys that fish the big trails miss our club tournaments, but we figure changing
would make more people miss them.

There are three clubs here in Griffin, GA and we coordinate our schedules so
they do not conflict. One club meets the first Tuesday, another the Monday
after the first Tuesday and the other the third Tuesday. All three clubs fish
the weekend after their meeting. There are several of us in two of the three
clubs, and a couple in all three. If we start changing tournamament weekends we
create a problem for them because there will be conflicts.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old November 2nd, 2004, 03:32 PM
Philip Goodwin

"1980 Bulldogs" wrote in message
I have a question for the group.....
I fish with bass club here in GA, and tonight we had our November
meeting.
The discussion came up that being as the December meeting would be the
last meeting of the year that maybe we should go ahead an pick the lakes
& dates for the 2005 season. The response we got was we have some
guys(sponsored) in the club that fish Everstarts and BFLs and we should
wait until we got those schedules before we set the dates for the club.
I feel that the club is now starting to cater to the BFL & Everstart
guys more than its grassroots club members. Am I wrong in feeling this
way or should the guys who fish other trails choose between the club or
their big money tourneys? Your thoughts.......

Doug

It would be nice to try and accommodate those fishermen if possible. The
problem is that next year you will be trying to schedule around something
else and then something else again etc. etc. Our club faced the same problem
and we decided to just schedule around the state federation tournaments. We
have faired pretty well with that approach.

Phil Goodwin

Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:06 PM
John Kerr

I think any bass club should make decisions based on what's best for
that club...first, long range, then short range. Do you want the higher
profile people in the club, do they attract new members? Do they attract
more local sponsorships? Do they work to build the club and promote it,
or just show up? There are a lot of individual questions that the club
members should consider. If it's deterined that they are a positive
influence for the club, then consideration for their schedules should
probably be entertained.
(I'm confident that "politics" will not enter into the decisions) Big
Grin
JK

Old November 2nd, 2004, 09:46 PM
Joshuall

I agree with John and Bassman. I was once president of a 50 man club here in
chicagoland and we set our schedule according to the best interest of the
club first, formost and always. That's what the majority of the members who
belonged expected and were imho entitled to.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear