How would you handle this situation?

Old August 25th, 2004, 01:03 PM
alwaysfishking

Default How would you handle this situation?

Nope I heard it, chose to ignore it

"RichZ" wrote in message
Go-bassn wrote:
Am I the only one hearing stupid music while viewing this guy's post?

I don't hear any music, stupid or not, because I use an ascii based reader
fro mail and newsgroups, so I just see the underlying html tags that put
the stupid music in there. I wish people would stop trying to do that to
usenet.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old August 25th, 2004, 02:14 PM
John Kerr

How would you handle this situation?

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Tue, Aug 24, 2004, 7:06pm (CDT+1)
From: (1980=A0Bulldogs)
We recently had a club tournament on our home lake here in GA. I had
been on fish for about a month(practicing). I told the non-boater that
drew out with me what I was doing, where we were going, & what bait I
was catching them on. Well it became a fiasco with this guy. If he
wasn't hung up on the bank...YES ON THE BANK, he was in the bottom of my
boat changing lures over and over. I told him, this is what I have been
using for a month, stick with it. Finally, he tied on a Norman DD22
crankbait(huge crankbait)....on a spinning rod !!! I was drop-shotting
on a rocky point and the next thing I know he's wadding up his crankbait
in my line. So once I get untangled from him and drop down to the
brushpile I'm fishing, HE GETS IN MY LINE AGAIN!!! Now I know that club
fishing is supposed to be fun and I know its supposed to be used as a
learning tool in some cases. I suggested things to help him, it went in
one ear and out the other. This guy went to the beat of his own drummer.
It was almost like fishing with a 6 y/o. So, I put my drop-shot rod down
and started down a section of rip-rap throwing a buzzbait. He breaks out
a c-rig and asks if I could slow down. I said, "partner we have less
than 20 minutes before weigh in, I couldn't fish where I needed to so
I'm pushing to get bites you're just gonna have to keep up now". I know
that makes me sound like an a-hole, but enough was enough. I tried
everything in the book to try to put him on fish. I even sat down at one
point and let him have my rod and bait and the the trolling motor to
himself. Still he zeroed. How would you guys have handled this?
BDN
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
It's called the "luck" of the draw. If you can't shake it off and accept
that there will always be those days, then tournament fishing may not be
the best thing for you. Good luck in the next event, JK

Old August 25th, 2004, 02:14 PM
John Kerr

Old August 25th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Brad Coovert

There will always be "that non-boater" that every boater dreads. You did your
best and you should be proud that you did not kick him in the lake, which is
what I would have probably done. :-)

The guy must be green though and hopefully he will learn, otherwise, he may not
have too many boaters that are willing to let him in their boat.

Brad Coovert
2003 Angler of the Year, Greenfield Bassmasters
http://www.greenfieldbassmasters.com

Old August 26th, 2004, 12:29 AM
RichZ

Brad wrote:
There will always be "that non-boater" that every boater dreads.

Just as there will always be the boater that every non-boater dreads.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old August 26th, 2004, 12:56 AM
Thundercat

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:29:01 EDT, RichZ wrote:

Brad wrote:
There will always be "that non-boater" that every boater dreads.

Just as there will always be the boater that every non-boater dreads.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

I've got a couple of those! In the same respect, I hope I'm not the
dreaded non-boater...

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.
Old August 26th, 2004, 01:03 AM
1980 Bulldogs

Look I'm sorry I forgot to turn off my sig....jeeez. Ain't you ever made
a mistake?

Doug

Old August 26th, 2004, 01:03 AM
1980 Bulldogs