K Creek NC

Old October 14th, 2003, 01:00 AM
Bob Patton

Default K Creek NC

Last week a friend and I hiked up a trail through part of the Nantahala
National Forest. I took my 4-weight, just in case, you know. The stream is
an absolute jewel. I think that Wayno may be familiar with it. I put a few
pictures on the web, below.

Even ran across an old homestead all gone except for the apple trees, which
provided a snack. The apples were about the size of a quarter, in direct
proportion to the size of the fish in the creek.
Bob

http://webpages.charter.net/rwpatton/100903.htm

Old October 14th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Tim J.

"Bob Patton" wrote...
Last week a friend and I hiked up a trail through part of the Nantahala
National Forest. I took my 4-weight, just in case, you know. The stream is
an absolute jewel.

Yes, it is! And, thank you from the bottom of my heart, for providing a new name
for tree snagging: "picking apples." It almost sounds like you did it on
purpose.
--
TL,
Tim

Old October 14th, 2003, 07:16 PM
Wayne Harrison

Bob Patton wrote in message ...
Last week a friend and I hiked up a trail through part of the Nantahala
National Forest. I took my 4-weight, just in case, you know. The stream is
an absolute jewel. I think that Wayno may be familiar with it.

is that stream a trib of the nantahala?

yfitons
wayno

Old October 15th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Bob Patton

"Wayne Harrison" wrote in message

Bob Patton wrote in message ...
Last week a friend and I hiked up a trail through part of the Nantahala
National Forest. I took my 4-weight, just in case, you know. The stream

is
an absolute jewel. I think that Wayno may be familiar with it.

is that stream a trib of the nantahala?

yfitons
wayno

Yessir. It is that.
Too bad the pix all included some handsome guy with a fly rod and not enough
images of the stream, because it is one of the prettiest streams in the
mountains.
Bob

Old October 15th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Bob Patton

"Tim J." wrote in message

"Bob Patton" wrote...
Last week a friend and I hiked up a trail through part of the Nantahala
National Forest. I took my 4-weight, just in case, you know. The stream

is
an absolute jewel.

Yes, it is! And, thank you from the bottom of my heart, for providing a

new name
for tree snagging: "picking apples." It almost sounds like you did it on
purpose.
--
TL,
Tim
------------------------
http://css.sbcma.com/timj

You're welcome! I figger if I'm not catching fish I can catch apples.
There really is an apple tree there above my head. The apples are courtesy
of the Roosevelt administration, I guess. The tree must have been a mature
tree when the government made the farm part of the national forest before
world war 2

Old October 15th, 2003, 12:55 AM
Wayne Harrison

Bob Patton wrote in message ...
Last week a friend and I hiked up a trail through part of the Nantahala
National Forest. I took my 4-weight, just in case, you know. The

stream
is
an absolute jewel. I think that Wayno may be familiar with it.

is that stream a trib of the nantahala?

yfitons
wayno

Yessir. It is that.
Too bad the pix all included some handsome guy with a fly rod and not

enough
images of the stream, because it is one of the prettiest streams in the
mountains.
Bob

email me. i think i know the name, but i don't think i have ever fished
it. it looks like b** t*** creek, but not as deep.

yfitons
wayno