Recommend Charter Fishing NW Oregon Coast?

Old October 7th, 2005, 08:34 PM

Default Recommend Charter Fishing NW Oregon Coast?

Not necessarily fly-fishing related, but thought ya'll might have
recommendations.

I was going to go charter fishing for salmon out of Astoria, but
apparently my guide has flaked on me. He was supposed to contact
me with the final details, but hasn't and isn't returning phone
calls.

Anyway, I'm interested in going out after halibut next spring, but
after this experience I don't want to waste any more time on
unreliable people.

Anyone have good (or bad) experiences with charters/guides on the
northern oregon or southern washington coast? (Salmon, halibut or
sturgeon) I've caught rockfish on the party boats and while it's
fun fishing it's not what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
- Ken

Old October 8th, 2005, 10:59 PM

In article gbT1f.1067$at1.926@trnddc05,
says...
Anyone have good (or bad) experiences with charters/guides on the
northern oregon or southern washington coast? (Salmon, halibut or
sturgeon) I've caught rockfish on the party boats and while it's
fun fishing it's not what I'm looking for.

http://www.ifish.net/

I was hoping that someone had personal experience. I found my
current guide from ifish.net.
- Ken
Old October 8th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Wolfgang

wrote in message
In article gbT1f.1067$at1.926@trnddc05,
says...
Anyone have good (or bad) experiences with charters/guides on the
northern oregon or southern washington coast? (Salmon, halibut or
sturgeon) I've caught rockfish on the party boats and while it's
fun fishing it's not what I'm looking for.

http://www.ifish.net/

I was hoping that someone had personal experience. I found my
current guide from ifish.net.

Possibly the sweetest thank you note we've seen on ROFF to date.

Say, "You're welcome", B. J.

Wolfgang
who assumes, given that darwin was right, that genus ****-weasels'
remarkable reproductive success can hardly be attributed to their abysmal
camouflage.

Old October 10th, 2005, 06:16 PM

In article , says...

Wolfgang