Fishing and other Outdoor Info

Old October 10th, 2008, 09:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
family-outdoors

Default Fishing and other Outdoor Info

I hesitate to associate my site with a group that has posts like those
on here, but having said that and expressing enormous disapproval....

My son (15 yo) and I have a site geared towards outdoors people with
fishing, hunting, and camping tips. We have fishing reports for a
number of states, free videos on things like fly-casting, tackle
suggestions, etc. Our main page is at www.family-outdoors.com/index.htm

I suggest starting there and if your main interest is fishing, click
on the fishing link and go from there. We hope you find it
interesting and helpful. There are some ads strickly to defray
hosting costs...if you see a Google Ad or other you find interesting
clicking on it does help us...but again, not our main point.

Please let us know what you think. We will respond to
suggestions...no mailing lists or anything stupid.

Thanks!
Old October 12th, 2008, 10:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Chicago Paddling-Fishing

family-outdoors wrote:
I hesitate to associate my site with a group that has posts like those
on here, but having said that and expressing enormous disapproval....

My son (15 yo) and I have a site geared towards outdoors people with
fishing, hunting, and camping tips. We have fishing reports for a
number of states, free videos on things like fly-casting, tackle
suggestions, etc. Our main page is at www.family-outdoors.com/index.htm

I suggest starting there and if your main interest is fishing, click
on the fishing link and go from there. We hope you find it
interesting and helpful. There are some ads strickly to defray
hosting costs...if you see a Google Ad or other you find interesting
clicking on it does help us...but again, not our main point.

Please let us know what you think. We will respond to
suggestions...no mailing lists or anything stupid.

Well, first, by posting here you don't really associate your website with
the newsgroup. The newsgroups is just that, a newsgroup.

Second, I'd say if your going to try to make money on a website, just be
out with it and say you're a commercial site, don't try to be just a little
commerical...

Now you need to work on adding content...

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page
Old October 20th, 2008, 05:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
[email protected]

On Oct 10, 3:38*pm, family-outdoors wrote:
[...]

I just read a very offensive blog of two people cussing at each
other. Although I haven't read what you did, I tend to agree about
not associating with bad partners, but they are out there and most of
the time you won't know until it's too late. You just have to deal
with each problem as they arise and don't read too much into anything
or you'll put yourself into a corner that's hard to get out of.

I have a website out as well for the trout fisherman in all of us
(lol). It's www.thinkabouttrout.com. It's mainly informational with
weather updates, news, ebooks, and articles. There are some products,
but not many. As a professional, i ask a courtesy of you to check it
out and let me know what you think. I can't get Google Adsense to
sign on with me becuase of construction problems, but i can't find
those problems. I'd greatly appreciate your help and advise. Your
site looked good. It was easy to navigate and understand.

Best Regards!

Trout Fishing Patriot (join my group)