5.75 Lb 19 inch small mouth bass

Old August 17th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Patrick Sarsfield

Default 5.75 Lb 19 inch small mouth bass

My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12 Aug 04.

We froze the fish immediately and plan to have it mounted.

Are there any contest he can submit his catch to????

The fish was caught on white fish lake in Quebec, just north of Ottawa Ontario
Old August 17th, 2004, 04:43 AM
go-bassn

5.75 pounds, 19 inches? Is that in Canadian pounds? That would have to be
one very fat smallmouth.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

om...

Old August 17th, 2004, 05:12 AM
John

According to my 2001 IGFA World Record book page 253 Junior World Records
for Smallmouth Bass, the Male Junior record WAS 3 pound 4 oz. Could not
find my current 2003 book. Find application form and all the info at:
http://igfa.org/records.asp

FWIW tell him that the Junior GIRL PENDING world record for smallmouth bass
is 5 pounds and 8 ounces. (see bottom of page)

Also make sure you follow all the application rules precisely. I know, they
are sticklers for applying the rules as written.

Good luck!
John

--
Remove FLY to reply

Old August 17th, 2004, 05:01 PM
John

Oops. IGFA changed their format. GIRL PENDING is incorrect. Make that
GIRL RECORD.
Sorry I missed that.
John

--
Remove FLY to reply

Old August 18th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Cameron

Patrick Sarsfield wrote:
My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12 Aug 04.

We froze the fish immediately and plan to have it mounted.

Are there any contest he can submit his catch to????

The fish was caught on white fish lake in Quebec, just north of Ottawa Ontario

Should have tossed a Smallie like that back.

--
It's obvious what should be removed to make this a valid email address

Old August 18th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Rodney

Cameron wrote:
Patrick Sarsfield wrote:

My son (14 yrs) caught a 19 inch 5.75 Lb small mouth bass on the 12
Aug 04.

Here is a 19 inch small mouth my son landed Saturday, it weighed 5 lb 9 Ozes
It was a keeper , but he is not having it mounted

http://ezknot.com/wes.html

At least I think it is a small mouth

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread