OT for whisky lovers

Old January 23rd, 2008, 11:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Lazarus Cooke

Default OT for whisky lovers

Just a reminder for those who like Scotch that Burns night is on the
25th.

Wouldn't like any roffians to be caught having failed to instruct their
womenfolk to lay in a good store of haggis and neeps in the larder.

Lazarus

(who himself drinks The Tyrconnel, Connemara, Green Spot, White's 22,
and Old Comber himself - but who has been known occasionally to sip an
Islay or Skye dram with no loss of face)
Old January 24th, 2008, 01:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

On Jan 23, 2:36*pm, Lazarus Cooke
wrote:
Just a reminder for those who like Scotch that Burns night is on the
25th.

Wouldn't like any roffians to be caught having failed to instruct their
womenfolk to lay in a good store of haggis and neeps in the larder.

Lazarus

(who himself drinks The Tyrconnel, Connemara, Green Spot, White's 22,
and Old Comber himself - but who has been known occasionally to sip an
Islay or Skye dram with no loss of face)

I have the original Belgian recipe for Haggis. Should you be wanten it
i can post it.
Old January 24th, 2008, 02:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Lazarus Cooke wrote:
Just a reminder for those who like Scotch that Burns night is on the
25th.

Wouldn't like any roffians to be caught having failed to instruct their
womenfolk to lay in a good store of haggis and neeps in the larder.

Lazarus

(who himself drinks The Tyrconnel, Connemara, Green Spot, White's 22,
and Old Comber himself - but who has been known occasionally to sip an
Islay or Skye dram with no loss of face)

I prefer Irish whiskey -- Bushmills, the Protestant brand. :-)

Old January 24th, 2008, 04:06 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Jack Schmitt

On my last trip to Scotland to visit friends near Edinburgh, I had some
haggis which I thought was black pudding. It was delicious.

J.

Old January 24th, 2008, 10:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , rw
writes
Lazarus Cooke wrote:
Just a reminder for those who like Scotch that Burns night is on the
25th.
Wouldn't like any roffians to be caught having failed to instruct
their
womenfolk to lay in a good store of haggis and neeps in the larder.
Lazarus (who himself drinks The Tyrconnel, Connemara, Green Spot,
White's 22,
and Old Comber himself - but who has been known occasionally to sip an
Islay or Skye dram with no loss of face)

I prefer Irish whiskey -- Bushmills, the Protestant brand. :-)

Anyone tasted or even seen a Welsh Whisky called Penderyn ?

I'm not a whisky drinker so I'm trespassing in this thread :-)
--
Bill Grey

Old January 24th, 2008, 03:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Jan 23, 5:36*pm, Lazarus Cooke
wrote:
Just a reminder for those who like Scotch that Burns night is on the
25th.

Wouldn't like any roffians to be caught having failed to instruct their
womenfolk to lay in a good store of haggis and neeps in the larder.

Lazarus

(who himself drinks The Tyrconnel, Connemara, Green Spot, White's 22,
and Old Comber himself - but who has been known occasionally to sip an
Islay or Skye dram with no loss of face)

The FT had another whisky review last weekend based on this premise
(having something to sip on Burns night). It focused on the various
"colors" of Johnnie Walker and compared them to other blended whisky
brands at the same price points.

http://tinyurl.com/yuu6vh

Wm
(who saves the Jameson for June 16th)
Old January 24th, 2008, 03:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
frogge[_5_]

Hey,
Although I can't claim any celtic blood. I have it on good authority
from a native of the Emerald Isle that Paddy's is as good as Jamison's
and much less expensive. My personal testing seems to confirm this
claim. Toodles,Frogge.

--
frogge
Old January 24th, 2008, 04:29 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

wrote:
Just a reminder for those who like Scotch that Burns night is on the
25th.

Wouldn't like any roffians to be caught having failed to instruct their
womenfolk to lay in a good store of haggis and neeps in the larder.

Lazarus

(who himself drinks The Tyrconnel, Connemara, Green Spot, White's 22,
and Old Comber himself - but who has been known occasionally to sip an
Islay or Skye dram with no loss of face)

The FT had another whisky review last weekend based on this premise
(having something to sip on Burns night). *It focused on the various
"colors" of Johnnie Walker and compared them to other blended whisky
brands at the same price points.

http://tinyurl.com/yuu6vh

Wm
(who saves the Jameson for June 16th)

It were Joyce, were it not who penned the phrase.
"Work, the curse of the drinking class."
Old January 24th, 2008, 04:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

wrote:
[...]

I believe that was Oscar Wilde.

Wolfgang

Old January 24th, 2008, 05:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

wrote:
[...]

Wolfgang- Hide quoted text -

Your right. I was drinking when first I heard it.