Drop Shot hook help

Old May 9th, 2008, 07:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Jack Schmitt

Default Drop Shot hook help

I would appreciate some suggestions for a drop shot hook. I have not found
one that I really like.

TIA.
Jack

Old May 9th, 2008, 09:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Jack Schmitt" wrote in message
. ..
I would appreciate some suggestions for a drop shot hook. I have not found
one that I really like.

TIA.
Jack

I rarely nose hook a bait for drop shotting, but if you do the Standout
hooks is pretty darn good. Its made by TTI.

For rigging weedless which I do more often as I end to drop shot thick
grassbeds I like a worm hook, or for the worst stuff a wide gap hook. Then
I t-rig, and go fishing.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old May 9th, 2008, 10:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

Jack Schmitt wrote:
I would appreciate some suggestions for a drop shot hook. I have not found
one that I really like.

TIA.
Jack

I nose hook at least 85% -- maybe more like 95% -- of the time these
days, and my top choice is the Gamakatsu Drops Shot/Split Shot hook
(style 50409) in a #2. 2nd choice is a #4 Gammy Wide Gap Finesse hook.

For T-rig drop shotting with traditional drop shot gear, there is
absolutely no substittue for a Decoy Worm 9 Uppercut, also in Size 2,
(which has no relation to a size two in the nose hooking bait). The
Uppercut hooks are incredibly thin wire, but I have never straightened
one on a fish while drop shotting. Of course finding them in the states
is a bear.

Old May 11th, 2008, 02:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Rodney Long

Jack Schmitt wrote:
I would appreciate some suggestions for a drop shot hook. I have not found
one that I really like.

Well I think this is the best one one the market
http://ezknot.com/SUHooks.html

Of course since i am the one who invented it, my beliefs are a bit bias :-)

TIA.
Jack

--
SpecTastic Wiggle Rig,