fighting over docks?

Old August 19th, 2009, 05:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bass_Mr.[_5_]

Default fighting over docks?

I'd just go back in the middle of the night with a paintball gun and do a
little "decorating". Probably use some nice pink paint too.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com" wrote in message

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
next time I'll just leave without a word and come back in the middle of
the night like a Navy Seal, and when they find their boat under water at
the end of the dock they'll stop being buttholes.

LOL, I know one guy that did exactly that, cutting the seal on one guy's
I/O boat because of a dock fishing conflict.
--
Steve Huber
Executive Producer/Editor in Chief

Old August 30th, 2009, 08:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
carlos

BIG FISH 2006 wrote:
Has anyone here ever had a verbal fight with a land owner over fishing
around their dock? The last two times out my partner and I have got into
verbals with landowners, yesterday I thought I was going to have to
fight my way off the lake. What are the laws about fishing distance from
a dock? should I report them to the DNR or Police. I'm in MIchigan

City lakes in IL often do give the dockowners rights to a certain
distance out into the lake. If they come out and ask you to leave, you
gotta leave. But everyone is supposed to be decent to each other.

I have always gone way out of my way to stay clear of people fishing
from docks or banks. Everyone needs their room.
Old September 9th, 2009, 06:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Carlos" wrote in message
BIG FISH 2006 wrote:
Has anyone here ever had a verbal fight with a land owner over fishing
around their dock? The last two times out my partner and I have got into
verbals with landowners, yesterday I thought I was going to have to
fight my way off the lake. What are the laws about fishing distance from
a dock? should I report them to the DNR or Police. I'm in MIchigan

City lakes in IL often do give the dockowners rights to a certain distance
out into the lake. If they come out and ask you to leave, you gotta
leave. But everyone is supposed to be decent to each other.

I have always gone way out of my way to stay clear of people fishing from
docks or banks. Everyone needs their room.

I suppose if the city actually owns both the land and the water outright
they could have the right to do that, but I could see where it could become
urinating competition like in other areas as well.

Old February 15th, 2011, 07:28 PM
peterriitz peterriitz is offline
Junior Member

I would also like to leave the catfish rods set in rod holders and bait water, which are on their bell, I can hear from the house, many times these have been caught a boatman, do not miss to see these rods fishing.
Old July 28th, 2012, 06:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

On Saturday, August 15, 2009 10:43:52 PM UTC-4, BIG FISH 2006 wrote:
Has anyone here ever had a verbal fight with a land owner over fishing
around their dock? The last two times out my partner and I have got into
verbals with landowners, yesterday I thought I was going to have to
fight my way off the lake. What are the laws about fishing distance from
a dock? should I report them to the DNR or Police. I'm in MIchigan

Let me give you my perspective as a lakefront, dock and boat owner about why this issue gets me upset. Perhaps you will understand why it is upsetting to have every fisherman trying to catch the big one under my dock. My dock is 40ft long and has a very expensive boat tied to it. Each year I remove at least a 5 gal. bucket of bobbers and hooks from my dock, boat and beach. I watch as my cover of my boat has been hooked and ripped. The line is cut and off they go knowing they have caused damage. My grandson was hospitalized because he stepped on a hook and it had to be surgically removed. I do not own the water, but I do own the dock and the boat and do not wish to have hooks thrown at them. I don't think it is too much to ask that hooks not be thrown at my property. In their quest to catch the "big one", there is no commmon sense. How about if I start throwing rocks into the water right where your beautiful bass boat is because no one owns the water and I would like you to stop throwing hooks at my property? No fish here. I find it hard to believe that lakefront owners do not want you to catch their fish. Sounds silly. They are just trying to protect their property and family from being damaged or hurt. Make sense?
Old July 28th, 2012, 08:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
HVAC

On 7/28/2012 1:54 PM, wrote:

[...]

I always make sure no one is around when I fish near docks.

It's better that way.

--
"OK you ****s, let's see what you can do now" -Hit Girl
Old December 10th, 2013, 05:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Michael Lalonde[_2_]

x-no-archive:

seems rather ignorant doesn't it, why don't they fish further out in the
water? sheesh.

M&K Mining Sudbury Ontario
Michael Lalonde

Old December 11th, 2013, 02:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
[email protected]

One time I was fishing a dock during a tournament and caught a nice bass out from under it. Immediately a lady came running out of the house and said they had been feeding that fish and she was going to call the DNR because the fish was not 14". A game warden eventually showed up and when he looked in my live well all he said was "nice fish". He then told me how many fish the other contestants had who he had checked so I knew where I stood. I don't do much dock fishing any more unless it is a really slow day and I can't find any doing anything else.
Gary