fishing tent

Old May 6th, 2007, 04:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Default fishing tent

my new one-person lightweight tent, w/o fly (fly is on the ground), for
limited 3-season overnight hiking/fishing trips. gonna give it a test
this week.

jeff

Old May 6th, 2007, 07:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

jeff wrote:
my new one-person lightweight tent, w/o fly (fly is on the ground), for
limited 3-season overnight hiking/fishing trips. gonna give it a test
this week.

jeff

Cool!

The secret for older guys like us is to keep down the weight. Should be
able to do a two or three dayer around twenty pounds, which is pretty
manageable.

When you come out West we need to backpack into a lake for an overnight.

Willi
Old May 6th, 2007, 07:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Dave LaCourse

On Sun, 06 May 2007 11:32:08 -0400, jeff
wrote:

my new one-person lightweight tent, w/o fly (fly is on the ground), for
limited 3-season overnight hiking/fishing trips. gonna give it a test
this week.

Cool. Joanne made a two-sleeper back packer from Frost Line. Weighs
about 4 pounds. We've used it alot, but it won't hold the dog too.

d;o(

Old May 6th, 2007, 08:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Willi wrote:

jeff wrote:

my new one-person lightweight tent, w/o fly (fly is on the ground),
for limited 3-season overnight hiking/fishing trips. gonna give it a
test this week.

jeff

Cool!

The secret for older guys like us is to keep down the weight. Should be
able to do a two or three dayer around twenty pounds, which is pretty
manageable.

When you come out West we need to backpack into a lake for an overnight.

Willi

fawn lake!! ;-)

i'm working on the light load principle...esp. since my belly has
decided to add to the load.

just got a light sleeping bag suitable for 3 seasons in nc (35F)...2
lbs. the tent is about the same. thermarest also...so that leaves 13
pounds for the food, right? g don't have a stove or water purifier
yet, and just a few basic (cheap) utensils. like me, this camp-fish
thing is still a quirk in progress.

when i see you again, i'll want you to show me that water
purifier/lemonade system you had on slough creek...that was tasty and
refreshing.

....the secret for this geezer is to hike and camp with those who know
what they are doing (and, when possible, with those who can and will
carry 60 lbs). g

jeff
Old May 6th, 2007, 09:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"Willi" wrote in message
jeff wrote:
my new one-person lightweight tent, w/o fly (fly is on the ground), for
limited 3-season overnight hiking/fishing trips. gonna give it a test
this week.

jeff

Cool!

The secret for older guys like us is to keep down the weight. Should be
able to do a two or three dayer around twenty pounds, which is pretty
manageable.

When you come out West we need to backpack into a lake for an overnight.

Willi

You're not trying to get him to fall for that 'ol Fawn Lake thing area ya?

Op

Old May 6th, 2007, 09:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

wrote:

my new one-person lightweight tent, w/o fly (fly is on the ground), for
limited 3-season overnight hiking/fishing trips. gonna give it a test
this week.

Cool. Joanne made a two-sleeper back packer from Frost Line. Weighs
about 4 pounds. We've used it alot, but it won't hold the dog too.

d;o(

joanne made a tent for you!!?? i knew she was talented, but there's
gotta be some limit, eh? just be careful if she makes you a frost-lined
sleeping bag. g

trust y'all are well. figure it's nearing time for your annual spring
lakewood jaunt. is the new dog prepared and cabin ready? our sadie is
now 12 and she's slowed down a lot. here she is at leisure, watching me
fiddle with the tent yesterday. it's her bemused, crossed-paws look.

jeff

Old May 6th, 2007, 09:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"jeff" wrote in message
Willi wrote:

jeff wrote:

[...]

It was 75lbs and it won't happen again!

Op

Old May 6th, 2007, 09:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

Opus--Mark H. Bowen wrote:
"jeff" wrote in message

Willi wrote:

jeff wrote:

[...]

uh oh... just don't forget the candy bars!! any idea about weather
forecast yet?

jeff
Old May 6th, 2007, 10:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Willi

jeff wrote:
Willi wrote:

jeff wrote:

my new one-person lightweight tent, w/o fly (fly is on the ground),
for limited 3-season overnight hiking/fishing trips. gonna give it a
test this week.

jeff

Cool!

The secret for older guys like us is to keep down the weight. Should
be able to do a two or three dayer around twenty pounds, which is
pretty manageable.

When you come out West we need to backpack into a lake for an overnight.

Willi

fawn lake!! ;-)

i'm working on the light load principle...esp. since my belly has
decided to add to the load.

just got a light sleeping bag suitable for 3 seasons in nc (35F)...2
lbs. the tent is about the same. thermarest also...so that leaves 13
pounds for the food, right? g

I go on the same 2 pound principal and have a similar setup to yours
along with a pack that weighs about 2 pounds.

Here's the stove I use:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRALIGHT-ALCOH...VE-BURNER_W0QQ
itemZ270116775299QQihZ017QQcategoryZ87144QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It works great for boiling water (not a cook stove) and only weighs an
ounce.

Here's the type of filter bottle I use:

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/st...ductId=7637980
&memberId=12500226&storeId=226&catalogId=400000002 26&langId=-1

You can often get them on sale for about $10. I learned the hard way to
replace the filters more frequently. I now get a new filter each season.

The Lemonade is Crystal Light. Very compact and light.

Old May 7th, 2007, 12:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"jeff" wrote in message

uh oh... just don't forget the candy bars!! any idea about weather
forecast yet?

jeff

Yeah, Ray's Weather dot com says 5 golf balls!

What do ya reckon that means?

Op