Okuma airframes and spare spools

Old May 24th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Flying Squirrel

Default Okuma airframes and spare spools

I just tried out my brand-new Okuma Airframe 4/6. For the price - $35 -
these reels are oustanding. I especially like the soft wris****ch-like ticks
they make on line-out, a long way from the peace-busting ratcheting of my
first fly reel. And the drag wheel's large and easy to set, without being
obtrusive.

Question: Does Okuma offer spare spools for the Airframes? If so, who
carries them? I've done a search, and spare spools seem to be available for
the other Okuma reels, but not the Airframe.

Thanks.

Old May 25th, 2004, 01:11 AM
Mike Connor

"Flying Squirrel" wrote in message
SNIP
Question: Does Okuma offer spare spools for the Airframes? If so, who
carries them? I've done a search, and spare spools seem to be available

for
the other Okuma reels, but not the Airframe.

Thanks.

Indeed, I vary rarely recommend tackle or anything else by name, but these
reels really are first class, and even more so in vew of the low price.
This is probably because there is still acceptance problems with matt black
carbon composite reels. I have no idea why this is so. Seeing people with
shiny polished aluminium reels and the like always makes me smile!

Whatever, any Okuma stockist can order you the spools.

TL
MC

Old May 25th, 2004, 04:13 AM
Asadi

Man, they are actually going for MORE on E-bay. Thanks for you post, I have
been watching them and seem to remember seeing spare spools available.

E-bay search for 'large arbor reel.'

john

Old May 25th, 2004, 05:27 AM
B J Conner

Bob Marriots has them in their cataloge for $17.49. When buying reels
that cheap I consider buying two reels instead of a spare spool. If you
don't like it you can sell them easier and for more money than a reel with a
spare spool.

Old May 25th, 2004, 10:17 AM
riverman

"B J Conner" wrote in message
Bob Marriots has them in their cataloge for $17.49. When buying reels
that cheap I consider buying two reels instead of a spare spool. If you
don't like it you can sell them easier and for more money than a reel with

spare spool.

Even at higher prices, I recommend buying two reels instead of two spools.
If you drop your reel and bend it on a trip, it won't matter HOW many spare
spools you have. I carry two reels, three spools.

--riverman
(and I can't catch a fish with any of the 6 combinations!)

Old May 25th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Flying Squirrel

"riverman" wrote in message

"B J Conner" wrote in message
Bob Marriots has them in their cataloge for $17.49. When buying reels
that cheap I consider buying two reels instead of a spare spool. If you
don't like it you can sell them easier and for more money than a reel

with
spare spool.

Even at higher prices, I recommend buying two reels instead of two spools.
If you drop your reel and bend it on a trip, it won't matter HOW many

spare
spools you have. I carry two reels, three spools.

--riverman
(and I can't catch a fish with any of the 6 combinations!)

Good points. The same thought had crossed my mind.