"Cool Lures", What Happened?

Old March 19th, 2007, 10:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Sees-koo-wee-hah-nay

Default "Cool Lures", What Happened?

I was searching through past posts and I happened upon,

"Cool Lures are made right here in central IL. We may be a small
company but we are here to stay."

Not being a smart@$$ buy asking (being as he said they were here to
stay), but what happened to them, anyone know?

FWIW, the thread was about fishing tackle being made in the US and
Chinese competition was mentioned and I am wondering if that had
anything to do with it.

Old March 20th, 2007, 01:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Fishking

Well I can tell you from personal experience. manufacturing and selling
fishing baits/ tackle is not an easy thing to do. Many don't make it, some
do. The soft plastic business can be brutal with all the baits that are out
there. Time and money invested may not be recouped for years, some can hang
in there and some just simply don't see it as worth their time after a
while. Not sure what happened to cool lures. Steve H might know more.

R-

ups.com...

Old March 20th, 2007, 03:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Fishking" wrote in message
Well I can tell you from personal experience. manufacturing and selling
fishing baits/ tackle is not an easy thing to do. Many don't make it, some
do. The soft plastic business can be brutal with all the baits that are
out there. Time and money invested may not be recouped for years, some can
hang in there and some just simply don't see it as worth their time after
a while. Not sure what happened to cool lures. Steve H might know more.

I have no idea what happened to him. I liked his lures and went to buy some
and didn't get a response back when I placed the order.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old March 20th, 2007, 05:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Joshuall

They're not in the Illinois Secy of State Corp. database so they were never
registered as a Corp in Illinois.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear