Wacky Largies Pumpkinseeds.... on Corn?

Old July 1st, 2005, 09:18 PM
E. Carl Speros

Default Wacky Largies Pumpkinseeds.... on Corn?

I was fishing my favorite Seniors only lake (where I have a ball
catching tons of huge Koi in spring.) Now the Koi are deep because of
hot weather & I thought I'd try to coax some cats using niblts corn. I
must have caught a hundred Pumpkinseed & Bluegill around 6" average
size, but what astounds me even now is that I caught 45 or 50 Large
Mouth Bass (mostly on the drop) from 10" to 17". The poor younger guys
strolling around the park were nearly drooling with their eyes popping
out of their sockets (probably wishing they were 60 years old.) This
lake is fisherman's heaven in spring & not too shabby in the summer
either. Of course I have a huge advantage of tooling around following
the fish with my large wheeled electric scooter. Life can be beautiful
even for a 71 year old arthritic. Good fishing & even better catching,
Carl

Old July 7th, 2005, 02:20 AM
Steve

Glad to hear you're having fun Carl. 71, 21, whatever. Fishing is all
about fun, and you happen to have a designated honey hole.

God bless, you put your time in.