Trailer

Old January 21st, 2004, 07:25 AM
Grumpy

Default Trailer

Hi guys,

Do you have any advice where I could start looking at a new trailer for my
15 foot Fibreglass boat that is reasonable priced. Second hand would also be
considered.. The one I have it a mission to get the boat on.

Thanks
Alan

Old January 21st, 2004, 10:41 AM
Andrew Morris

A mate swears by the Trailer Factory down near Moorabbin airport...

I have a Mackay 2001 series, and am pretty happy with it... its under my
1967 Savage Javelin, and no worries so far... :-)

Old January 21st, 2004, 04:20 PM
Don White

I was looking at the following company for my CL 14...but decided to move up
to a bigger boat that comes with a trailer.
If sailing on sal****er I recommend galvanized.
http://www.venturetrailers.com/

Old January 21st, 2004, 04:41 PM
RG

There often are a lot of used trailers available as many people put the boat
in a sling or dock it, and then don't need to move it again. ,Or they need
to junk the boat, but the trailer is OK. Bid very low on Ebay if you see
what you want.

Some people just want to get the thing out of the back yard. Go to every
local boatyard and boat store and ask around. Put ads on local
fishing/boating internet sites. You will find a good used one for half the
cost of a new one. You may, however, have to replace tires; axles etc. but
they are often still a good buy. RG

Old January 22nd, 2004, 06:19 AM
swatcop

"Grumpy" wrote in message
Hi guys,

Do you have any advice where I could start looking at a new trailer for my
15 foot Fibreglass boat that is reasonable priced. Second hand would also

be
considered.. The one I have it a mission to get the boat on.

Thanks
Alan

If you're in FL, I've got a friend who is looking to give away a boat (junk)
and trailer (not junk). I believe he said it was for a 15 or 16 foot vessel.
You've gotta take the boat with the trailer, though - package deal. But for
free who cares, right?
--
-= swatcop =-

"If it wasn't for stupid people I'd be unemployed."