Clear water

Old September 2nd, 2004, 10:45 PM
dvito

Default Clear water

I recently moved and found an extremely clear lake.

A decent size for up here.

I need to know tips and techniques to use in this lake. I am used to stained
water so any info will help.

Thanks,

Dave V

Old September 3rd, 2004, 12:01 AM
Andrew Kidd

"dvito" wrote in message
I recently moved and found an extremely clear lake.

A decent size for up here.

I need to know tips and techniques to use in this lake. I am used to
stained
water so any info will help.

In extremely clear water, I have found that adding a little or a lot of
purple hue into your baits almost always helps. This came from years of
using and believing in the Color-C-Lector. I wouldn't have believed it had
I not seen it with my own eyes. That thing was always pretty good at
telling you what color fish would respond to (or should I say "see"?) best.
I have also tended towards downsizing the baits slightly and tend to
fish them a little more quickly then I would in stained water.

Very generic, I know, but these are the things I tend to do differently
from my normal...
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

Old September 3rd, 2004, 12:50 AM
RichZ

Go extreme, in both directions. The two most consistent tactics I've ever
found for gin clear water.

1) drop shot -- small natural colored worms, light tackle.

2) Big, bright spinnerbaits, with the blades waking and gurgling the
surface.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old September 3rd, 2004, 01:27 AM
John Kerr

I like a lighter colored, almost translucent bait in clear water. For
topwater, a bone, or other lite color seems to work for me.
JK

Old September 3rd, 2004, 01:27 AM
John Kerr

Old September 3rd, 2004, 01:27 AM
John Kerr

Old September 3rd, 2004, 04:11 AM
dvito

Thanks guys,

I did some research on the lake and found out it was part of an old
amusement park.
There is alot of cement, steel and wood structure in the lake from a roller
coaster that was demolished. Also had several boat peirs the were demolished
as well.

Here's a link to the site for it if you want to check it out.

http://www.defunctparks.com/parks/PA.../rockyglen.htm

Dave V