Key Largo Flats & Backcountry Fishing Report

Old January 16th, 2006, 10:42 PM
CaptLeon CaptLeon is offline
Junior Member

Default Key Largo Flats & Backcountry Fishing Report

“What’s Bitin” This week: 1-16-06

Welcome Back.

This past week the weather was terrible but we managed to get one TV show in. Most of the show will feature the Cape Sable Area.

We set out on the one good day of weather with cameras rolling. Cape Sable is located West of Flamingo on the Southwestern most point of mainland Florida. We had a good days fishing and hope to announce the Title, Dates and Times of the show very soon.

This moon phase has our tides very low. There is not enough water out there to get onto the flats but there are fish everywhere if you fish the edge. You couldn’t help but catch Trout because there were so many.

The Croc’s were out sunning on the banks, posing for the cameras while we fished for Snook.

The cool weather has the Bluefish coming in strong. They range from 6 to 8 pounds. They’re a good fight on light tackle.

As usual the Ladyfish are hitting anything you throw in the water.

We saw a lot of Tarpon in deep holes but they wouldn’t bite anything that we had.

This coming week we have some great fishing weather ahead of us. I’m looking forward to getting back on the flats for Snook and Redfish. They should be mighty hungry after all the high winds we’ve had.

Check back next week for another fish report. If you would like to get in on the fishing, call me on my boat phone. (305) 394-0505.

Capt. Leon. http:www /reelranger.com/fishing_report.html