Fishing Partner Needed - Miami

Old October 9th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Mark Rosenbaum

Default Fishing Partner Needed - Miami

Anyone have any good, none sarcastic suggestions as to how or where I may
find some fishing partners for Dade, Monroe, Broward county in Florida. I
recently moved to Miami and am looking for some people to fish with. Sorry
about the "sarcastic" comment but sometimes individuals in these groups like
to waste time with nothing better to do than be bone heads.

Thanks,

Mark

Old October 10th, 2003, 12:04 AM
highcastle

Hi. I found a great fishing partner in Oregon a few years ago via the
fishing NG. He taught me how to catch steelhead and indeed we did
catch some nice ones in his boat. However he smoked cigs and had a habit of
throwing the butts in the river. I finally couldn't handle it anymore and
told him
(as nicely as I knew how back then) that this was not good for the river and
that it bothered me. He got upset, headed for the shore, gave me my fish
and I never heard from him again. Oh well. Good luck finding a partner.
highcastle

.. .

Old October 16th, 2003, 01:40 AM
none

Mark,

Maybe if you post the type of fishing you are interested in, and possibly
your experience level, it will help in finding you suitable fishing
partners.

For example, if you are looking to do reef fishing, or deep sea fishing, you
won't have flats fisherman contacting you.

I did try emailing you at , but it was returned
undeliverable.

Perhaps if you post a valid email address you will get some replies.

Cheers,
Dave

Old October 16th, 2003, 04:08 AM
joe

In article ,
"none" wrote:

Perhaps if you post a valid email address you will get some replies.

and a box full of spam?

I did not try to send a message to Dave at ( or even
verizon) but maybe Mark can reach you at that address(?)
--
"Atlanta Joe" aka Joe Webb
Flats fishing is Flat Fun!
Old October 16th, 2003, 02:35 PM
none

and a box full of spam?

I did not try to send a message to Dave at ( or even
verizon) but maybe Mark can reach you at that address(?)

Joe,

There are many ways to include an email address in a nntp posting without
exposing oneself to spam. The difference between Marks header and mine
is is obviously not a valid email address. Anyone such as
your self
should have enough computer savy to immediately identify the fact that

is not a valid email address. However it is highly unlikey that anyone
would know
if
is a valid email until they try it. In addition, I
am not the one
looking for a fishing partner in Miami, Mark is, therefore it might help his
cause
to leave a valid email address to respond too.

Contrary to what some people may think, email address's posted on usenet are
not
harvested by a room full of hired computer users who have no other duty but
read every post on usenet just to get email address's, rather it is done
with bots
that harvest the email address from the nntp post.

Therefore, at least two ways to make an email address available to usenet
users
without exposing oneself to unwanted spam would be either to setup a
temporary
free email account, that you would use short term, or camelflage your real
email
address by altering it so that the harvesting bots would not collect it, but
a real user
would be able to figure it out. An example might be (none at none dot com) ,
or
with a signature remark such as reverse south with
bell
to email me.)

No disrespect to you Joe, but your response was exactly what Mark warned
against in his original post. ( Anyone have any good, none sarcastic
suggestions as to how or where I may find some fishing partners for Dade,
Monroe, Broward county in Florida.)

Now it is of my opinion that if I was asking a group of people for some
help,
I would surely make it as easy as possible for them to contact me. I would
also
likely post the type of fishing I am interested in etc etc etc.

Have a nice day Joe.

Old October 17th, 2003, 02:40 AM
joe

In article ,
"none" wrote:

No disrespect to you Joe, but your response was exactly what Mark warned
against in his original post. ( Anyone have any good, none sarcastic
suggestions as to how or where I may find some fishing partners for Dade,
Monroe, Broward county in Florida.)

For what it is worth, I disagree.

The suggestions I provided were sincere and from my own experience. I
detected your snipe in your resposne which is not a big deal. It is what
I havae seen in most of these usenet groups since I started reading and
posting back in 1993.

You have every appearance of a 'troll' (no disrespect) and nothing you
provided was of any help. In fact, no email address is needed on usenet
as that is the concept. It is a bulletin board and Mark can come back
and read the responses. Many times I only respond in a post. Just like
our exchange here.

I will give you the fact the is invalid. I would not
assume that but a check verifies that.

I doubt though that you have any connection with the rightful registrant
of 'none.com/ which is a valid domain. So, you submit a fraudlulent
address that in turn directs spam to that address for the administrator
of that domain to contend with. Much better to just leave it blank or
get one of the 'free' accounts to use.

Info on none.com

domain: NONE.COM
owner-address: none programs, inc.
owner-address: 30 Hartford Avenue
owner-address: San Carlos, CA 94070-1831
owner-address: United States of America
admin-c: FM8-GANDI
tech-c: FM8-GANDI
bill-c: FM8-GANDI
nserver: NS1.NONE.NET 212.129.62.125
nserver: ns.vitalsoft.com 199.236.239.1
reg_created: 1995-05-31 00:00:00
expires: 2006-05-30 00:00:00
created: 2001-06-17 23:55:44
changed: 2003-09-09 14:29:29

person: Frédéric Miserey
nic-hdl: FM8-GANDI
address: none programs, Inc.
address: 30 Hartford Avenue
address: 94070
address: San Carlos
address: California
address: United States of America
phone: +1 650 417-2052
fax: +1 650 417-2052
e-mail: deleted to avoid more spam to the domain
lastupdated: 2003-09-23 16:50:45

I apologize to the other readers for playing along with your message
baiting a response. It is of my opinion that you have a need for
attention and further if you have nothing to provide any assistance it
may be best to just avoid repsonding no matter how much you crave the
attention.

regards,

j. webb
--