Home safe and sound

Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:34 PM
Papa John

Default Home safe and sound

Sharon and I headed home around 10:00 A.M. Sunday morning. T'was a beautiful
drive home, arriving safe and sound around 6:00 P.M. Thanks all for a great
weekend..... GREAT TIME, GOOD FOOD, GOOD FRIENDS, GOOD FELLOWSHIP!

I'm already looking forward to next year ...... I may even be able to make
the trip north this summer.

Papa John

Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:52 PM
Charles B. Summers

Thanks again for coming and keeping everything honest. You know how us bass
fishermen are!

We're thinking Lake Barkley next year. That's not quite as far for everyone.
Hope you can make it!

.. .

Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:20 PM
Chris S

Ya I thought we where talking about Okeechobee Charles......

--
Chris S

Replace com with net to email

Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:50 AM
Charles B. Summers

I'm still open for Okee myself!

We're not going to make any plans right now, but when we do... we'll take a
vote on a choice of a few lakes. Okee has my vote now!

Old May 3rd, 2005, 03:25 AM
Jerry Barton \(NervisRek\)

It's an awful long ways for the Northern boys to drag a boat, and there's
none to be rented. Maybe every 4th year or something wouldn't be too bad.
Barclay sounds like a winner.

Old May 3rd, 2005, 02:04 PM
Ronnie Garrison

"Chris S" wrote in message

Ya I thought we where talking about Okeechobee Charles......

Better read up on the problems there before making a choice. An article
in the local paper is predicting huge toxic algae blooms that may kill
most of the fish this summer. Seems all the hurricanes stirred up what
they are calling poisions, but is probably fertilizer, and there might
be a real problem.

And who locally will set it up?

Better wait and see.
Old May 4th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Bill Durham

Charles B. Summers wrote:
Thanks again for coming and keeping everything honest. You know how us bass
fishermen are!

We're thinking Lake Barkley next year. That's not quite as far for everyone.
Hope you can make it!

Charles,

Hey, I'm a lurker mostly...figure I can learn more with my mouth shut,
or fingers in a fist! Anyway, if you are considering moving the MTC
next year, you might consider a trip down to Guntersville in Alabama.
Technically, its the Tennesee River so it could still be called the
MTC...Seriously, there are several places on the lake that would be
appropriate to fish out of, including the Lake Guntersville State Park
or Goose Pond Colony. Both the State Park and Goose Pond have websites
that you can check out the facilities. The State Park is located down
near the city of Guntersville and Goose Pond is located near Scottsboro,
Al. If you watched the Bassmaster tourney there in Feb. (they fished the
first two days out of the State Park), there are lots of big fish in the
lake and usually are catchable! I say that, I was over there in March
and only was able to make one bite, but it was a 5lber!

I grew up on the lake but live in the Atlanta area now so I would love
to have an excuse to go back!

BD
Old May 4th, 2005, 03:05 AM
Ronnie Garrison

Charles B. Summers wrote:

Thanks again for coming and keeping everything honest. You know how us
bass
fishermen are!

We're thinking Lake Barkley next year. That's not quite as far for
everyone.

UH - it is further for some. Remember, Tenn is north and KY is further
north.

I will be there whereever it is!