OT Breck Boy

Old July 7th, 2004, 01:14 AM
riverman

Default OT Breck Boy

"Mark H. Bowen" wrote in message
Just curious, but what exactly *qualifies* an individual to be president?

mean the last two were former governors, but other than that, what were
their special qualifications?

For one of the last two, at least, it was the ability to win an election. I
think that's all thats required in almost any case. Now, if you ask, "What
is required to win an election?" there might be a host of answers, and
little agreement.

--riverman

Old July 7th, 2004, 01:23 AM
Wayne Harrison

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote

I'm not gonna bet against my own rooting interest, but you're right,
I do owe you two bottles of scotch. Not surprising, really, since I
haven't seen you in two years. Send your preferred shipping address
via email and I'll ship them to you this time. Is it still Balvenie ?

well, it's still balvenie, but i don't think you owe me anything. and
that is very sad, for me.

wayno

Old July 7th, 2004, 01:26 AM
Wayne Harrison

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
Tom writes:

to you, I am sure not. Your mind was made up long ago.

It's not a question of making up my mind, Tom. It doesn't matter. Trust

me.
It doesn't matter who is prez, never mind vice prez.

it troubles me to the depths of my heart and mind to accept the fact

that you just might be right, louie. tell me, if you can, the identity of
the president that abdicated the position, and passed the abdication to his
following titleholders?

yfitons
wayno

Old July 7th, 2004, 01:41 AM

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:14:13 GMT, "Wayne Harrison"
wrote:

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
igy.com...
Scott Seidman wrote:
"Wayne Harrison" wrote:
cheney-edwards debate, ...

Already gonna happen, in Cleveland

And it's already being handicapped. I saw an interview with Chris
Matthews this afternoon and his take is that Cheney will kick ass
because he's a battle-tested, experienced politico

john edwards will eviscerate the mother****er. a sneering, sweaty,
haliburtonheel background will be almost unfair for edwards.

Oooh, you said "eviscerate"...are you flirting with Wolfgang? And
speaking of that topic, Cheney ain't the ankle-grabber you seem to think
- see my other post. And don't forget, he's got people on the payroll
who can find out the last time Edwards had so much as a thought that
might make him look bad.

this is a guy who could extract million dollar verdicts from the most
conservative juries in the freaking nation.

Er, then, by that line of reasoning, I _know_ DOZENS of lawyers who
could be Vice President and there are hundreds, if not thousands, more
that fall into that narrow category...(and BJ's head just exploded)...

let's have another bet, (and this one will actually have to be paid), on
the polling numbers post debate. i will take the tar heel.

Straight-up, it's a sucker bet...for both parties. I refer you to the
Kennedy-Nixon debate television vs. radio audiences. OTOH, I'll bet
you (or anyone else) any amount you wish under two conditions: 1. you
can pick the candidate (whichever, I don't care), and 2. I get to pick
the poll/pollster...

TC,

wayno

Old July 7th, 2004, 03:53 AM
B J Conner

Scott Seidman wrote:
"Wayne Harrison" wrote:
[...]

I'm OK with lawyers now. It's cowards, theives, dummies and peccancy that I
( and most people) have had enough of. Shrub and the fatboy ghoul score
2,1,1,2 for a total of 6. All the lawyers Wayno knows can't score that
much put together.
It must be hell for you standing on the edge getting just $.50 each for
those Peter Piper pickle chips on the Halliburgers. All the good ol boy on
the inside are stealing enought money every day to burn a wet mule.
If the antichrist and the idiot do get elected it'll be by cheating,
decalring martial law or having Titan corporatin splaning things to the
sumpream court.
The rest of us are buying automatic center punches. The first person into a
voting booth can wrap a hankerchief around it, put it in the center of one
of those Dibold voting machines push gentely, a muffled crack and it's bakc
to paper.

Old July 7th, 2004, 04:37 AM

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 19:41:40 -0400, "Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:

Just curious, but what exactly *qualifies* an individual to be president? I
mean the last two were former governors, but other than that, what were
their special qualifications?

Mark --Dan Quails wife did have one hell of a scary hair-doo!--

Well, IMO, it's having the (at least one or more of these) connections,
political capital, and/or juice to get things done. Whether you or
whoever agree with what gets done isn't material to this discussion.
Clinton, other factors aside, had little outside of his own little
"gang," and that's among the main reasons why he wasn't a good or
effective President. Carter was similarly lacking in them, but what
separated him from Clinton was that Carter was, in toto, a decent,
honest man who wanted the best for the US, and he was, as dichotomous as
it sounds, a very good ineffective President. GW Bush, putting one's
opinions aside, has these. Edwards, as far as I know, has none.

Is this cynical? Well, maybe, but it is certainly realistic. It might
not be the way a "perfect world" would work, but it's the way the real
world works. Remember: sausage and government...

TC,

Old July 7th, 2004, 05:07 AM

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 02:53:32 GMT, "B J Conner"
wrote:

.. .

Scott Seidman wrote:
"Wayne Harrison" wrote:
[...]

Well, EXACTLY!! Now, if you could just get Edwards to point all of this
out and do it soon (or hell, Cheney, it'd be just as fun...er, good...),
the American taxpayer could save quite a bit on campaign funding...it's
your duty, man! I hereby ask that you live up to your civic
responsibility, call the Kerry campaign, and explain all of this to
them.

And if you don't, no fair bitching later..."ask for not wahtt do Kountry
for but kountry you due dew for what kan kan!" And I mean that, BJ -
you're obviously one hell of an American...if I may ask, from what
glorious institution did you matriculate?

I salute you, sir!
But watch the mule-pyres, or you'll have PETAnistas after ya like flies
(OBROFF) on ****...
Old July 7th, 2004, 05:29 AM
rw

Because.

Old July 7th, 2004, 06:04 AM
B J Conner

wrote in message
On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 02:53:32 GMT, "B J Conner"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:14:13 GMT, "Wayne Harrison"
wrote:

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in

message
igy.com...
Scott Seidman wrote:
"Wayne Harrison" wrote:
[...]

The Kerry campaign and most non-aggies know it. Get someone to read you
Maureen Dowds column of early last month, the subject was the emperors new
cloths. It's not that I'm so smart it's that you're kind of dense. It's
hard to get the facts straight when your drinking the cool aide and rolling
in the money you make selling them Peter Piper pickle slices to Halliburton.