Trip to Ottawa River Drainage in Western Quebec

Old August 6th, 2007, 12:00 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Jack Schmitt

Default Trip to Ottawa River Drainage in Western Quebec

I fished this area of W. Quebec several times in the mid-eighties but due
to circumstances, I had not been in the area since 1988. Some of my old
contacts were still around which gave access to lakes and boats. My son
asked me to go with him and 2 friends in June. We flew from Atlanta to
Toronto where we rented an SUV in order to get around the area. We fished
several small natural lakes on the eastern side of the Ottawa River with fly
rods and used ultra light spinning tackle when the wind was too high for
reasonable fly casting. The weather, as you can see, from pictures, posted
to alt. binaries fishing pictures, ranged from highs near 68F to a low of
37F. We had snow one day although the ground was too warm for it to stick.

The fish were caught on ultra light 4 inch motor oil worms in about 10 feet
of water. The best fly was a Clouser minnow on a #2 hook tied to resemble
the local bait fish which is called a Cisco. In the afternoon we had good
top water action on slider type poppers. The Cisco resembles the shad of my
local TVA and Corps of Engineers lakes in Tennessee.

There are 6 pictures posted which give a good representation of the size
smallmouth we caught. Believe me, I will not wait so long to visit the area
again.