Dog Days Fly Swap update

Old August 23rd, 2008, 12:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Default Dog Days Fly Swap update

JR wrote:
Tim J. wrote:
Signed up so far. . .

Dan "Daniel-San" Brunsvold
Eddie Jasen
Hans van der Stroom
Jeffrey Barnes
Stan Gula (mid-coercion, not signed up)
Svend Tang-Petersen
Tim Johnson
Tom Littleton
Tony Weall
Wayne Harrison

Obviously, anyone who *is* anyone has already signed up. If you want
to be in with the in-crowd (oh, geez - does *that* make me old), be
sure to sign up before the 8/31 deadline. I'd really like to see
15-20 tyers get involved here. So what are you waiting for?

Frank? Frank? Jeff (wayno can give you pointers)? Mr. Knight? JR?
[your name here]?

Stan - would Mr. Laffley be interested?

Limit 25? In.

Good to have you aboard, JR.
--
TL,
Tim

Old August 24th, 2008, 03:30 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 23, 7:21*am, "Tim J."
wrote:
JR wrote:
Tim J. wrote:
[...]

Well, if JR is in, and wayno is realy going to *tie* a fly this time,
I might have to dust off my kit after all.
Old August 25th, 2008, 12:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 24, 10:30*am, wrote:
On Aug 23, 7:21*am, "Tim J."
wrote:

JR wrote:
Tim J. wrote:
[...]

I might have to dust off my kit after all.- Hide quoted text -

ok, dumbo, that does it for me. such a dastardly, catastrophical
insult, to wit: the implication that i have, for even one instance,
failed to personally tie the impeccable works of art with which i have
blessed all earlier shabby, pitiful attempts to imitate an insect on
the part of you miscreant fools goes far beyond the most debased,
empty allegations uttered by anyone, from the beginning of primitive
homonid communication on the sumerian plains until the most recent,
gigantic horrors created on this very forum by the feces ridden minds
of the despicable morons whose names can never be uttered by civilised
homo sapien sapien.
you should, at this moment, be grovelling on your filthy hands
and knees in the desperate hope that your total subjugation and
complete confession of the incalculable error of your cowardly attack
will gorge my irresistable yearning to physically attack you
mercilessly wherever you might try to hide within the fragile borders
of the massachusetts republic, and that your punishment will merely be
composed of the lifetime loss of your ability to utilize any personal
computer.
obviously, this classic example of pearls before swine will
comprise my last post to this despicable hovel known as r.o.f.f.

tight asses and pert nipples
wayno
Old August 25th, 2008, 01:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

wrote in message
[...]

there's the spirit that makes this place, um, great?
Tom

Old August 25th, 2008, 02:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:54:58 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

[...]

A friend of mine in the old north state wrote that post and said he had
written the perfect roff post. But I told him he did not write the
perfect roff post, because he didn't say anything about mothers, or
trains, or trucks, or prison, or getting drunk, so...

"I was drunk the night the mother****er got out of prison,
For hangin' 'round trainstations actin' insane,
But before someone could put regular in the pickup truck,
We stopped and bought a dozen flies for good ol' wayne...

Oh, we'll hang around as long as they let us,
And few never mind bein' a pain,
But you don't have to call him asshole...asshole
'Cus it's probably just another phony name..."

With apologies to Steve Goodman...if Prine and Coe want a ****in'
apology, they'll have to come get it...

TC,

Old August 25th, 2008, 04:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 24, 7:54*pm, " wrote:
snip
* * *obviously, this classic example of pearls before swine will
comprise my last post to this despicable hovel known as r.o.f.f.

tight asses and pert nipples
wayno

I am humbled by your eloquent rant.
Old August 25th, 2008, 11:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 25, 1:54*am, " wrote:
On Aug 24, 10:30*am, wrote:

On Aug 23, 7:21*am, "Tim J."
wrote:

JR wrote:
Tim J. wrote:
[...]

Thatīs all very well, but how are you going to get it to fit on a T-
shirt?
Old August 25th, 2008, 02:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 25, 6:28*am, wrote:
On Aug 25, 1:54*am, " wrote:

Thatīs all very well, but how are you going to get it to fit on a T-
shirt?- Hide quoted text -

well, if various numbers of angels can fit, whilst dancing, on
the head of a pin, surely the problem you note admits to an easy
solution.

yfitons
wayno(and, if not, the t-shirt business has always been a loss leader,
at best.)
Old August 25th, 2008, 03:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Aug 25, 3:25*pm, " wrote:
On Aug 25, 6:28*am, wrote:

On Aug 25, 1:54*am, " wrote:

Thatīs all very well, but how are you going to get it to fit on a T-
shirt?- Hide quoted text -

* * *well, if various numbers of angels can fit, whilst dancing, on
the head of a pin, surely the problem you note admits to an easy
solution.

yfitons
wayno(and, if not, the t-shirt business has always been a loss leader,
at best.)

Some leader always loses;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oxmedia/2788903182/

http://shop.cafepress.com/mccain

Of course, the market for these is much larger;

http://www.shirts4fun.de/frameset.ht...eche/Dumbo.htm