Strike King #3X Lures?

Old February 12th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default Strike King #3X Lures?

Hi guys,

I have a question for you out there. The local Wal-Mart is having a close
out sale on Strike King 3X soft plastic lures. They're selling for a buck a
bag, which if I remember correctly is about $2.50 off. I don't have any
experience with them but I have heard that they're very durable with a high
float factor (for lack of a better term).

Because of that, my friend Gil doesn't like the Fluke type lures. He says
that they don't sink well and are hard to get to work properly.

Have you used any of this line of lures? What do you think of them? Which
ones have been more productive in your experience?

I'd like to pick up a bunch as it's a good price, but I'd rather not spend
the money if they're not going to get used. I've got enough of those type
lures already.

For that matter, at the risk of sounding like Al, if there is a Wal-Mart
near you, check the sporting goods department for close outs. I picked up
some Eagle Claw LazerSharp hooks, 1/0, 2/0 and 3/0, 25 count packages, for
$1.50 each. I prefer Gamakatsu hooks, but I've used these in the past and
they've been good to me. They hook fish and stay hooked, so I guess they do
what they need to do. It's a good time to stock up on supplies, I do this
every spring and save a bunch of money.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 12th, 2004, 10:50 PM
SimRacer

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Anyone reading this and thinking about going to a Wal Mart in central NC,
fuggetaboutit, I done been and wiped them out!! LOL!

Anyway, Steve, can't comment on 3X flukes, as I haven't fished them. I have
some, but haven't fished them yet. That said, buying their 7" worms
(actually it was Terminator's Cyberflexxx brand, which is the same thing
IMO) is a major waste of time. Why? Because they come a handful to the pack
and I fished one last year, ONE! For the entire summer and fall. Never fell
apart, never tore, never lost it. Prolly used it over a period of 6-7 trips
and caught several fish each trip with it...LOL! They need to sell 1 packs
of them IMO.

Outside of using the saltie, Senko types of "plastics" when warranted as
well, I will prolly be a (Strike King) 3X/Cyberflexxx (Terminator) user as
long as they make and sell them. They're tough, *fish well* for me, and I'm
sold on their durability. Of course I am more of a casual basser than a lot
of y'all are too. Had I been able to fish as much as I'd liked to last year,
I may have used 2 or 3 of them. :-)

Old February 12th, 2004, 10:54 PM
RichZ

The reason they are being closed out, is that the fishing world pretty much
didn't buy into the whole high-floatation thing. The new series that is
coming out is supposedly loaded with salt and sinks. Slowly, but it fishes
somewhere between a heavy salt regular plastic bait and an unsalted regular
plastic bait.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old February 12th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Henry Hefner

It's not just Walmart, Steve, it's that time of year. Oshman's and
Academy Sports sells a lot of closeout fishing gear to me this time of
year, and yes, I have a lot of plastics I'll probably never use myself.
Do any of the online sites do this as well? hmmmm.. I'll have to check
it out.

Oh, I'm sorry, Steve, I didn't answer your question, and I can't because
I haven't tried the 3x stuff yet, I'm still using the plastics I got on
clearance last year.

Old February 12th, 2004, 11:15 PM
AJH

I have used a xxx worm and caught bass, they are tough, I carry one pack
in case I run out ot Culprit or Powerworms which won't happen..I will
buy more if I see them on sale at Wally World,,

Old February 12th, 2004, 11:39 PM
luv2bafield

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...
Hi guys,

I have a question for you out there. The local Wal-Mart is having a close
out sale on Strike King 3X soft plastic lures.

SNIP
Have you used any of this line of lures? What do you think of them?

Which
ones have been more productive in your experience?

SNIP

I have tried the lizard and I don't like them. They are very durable, but
they are sticky as all get out. The legs and tail would stick to the body
and take for ever to come unglued once they hit the water. I know, because
I stuck one in the water next to the boat and shook it to pieces to get it
unstuck. Who needs that?

Old February 12th, 2004, 11:47 PM
QUAKEnSHAKE

I used the 7" finesse worm, color- pumpkinseed last year with good
success. Used like a 1/4" split shot varied the placement like from the
tip of the hook up 6" or so. I would throw it out and let it be while I
fish with another set-up. I had better luck with it than I did a senko
fishing the same manner. I would say because the tail would be off the
bottom just a bit wiggling with the water while the senko lay on the
bottom. In fact I just bought a specific reel (with clicker) to fish
just this way again this year.
One thing they will melt or deform a bit if left in hot sun inside a
car. Like was said already they last and last, well, unless you let them
get too hot.

Old February 13th, 2004, 01:04 AM
RichZ

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
they last and last, well, unless you let them
get too hot.

Or let them come in contact with any 'regular' soft plastics.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old February 13th, 2004, 01:57 AM
COOLLURES

Hey Steve, for a insiders look at the 3x, cyber flex debate look here
http://tackleunderground.com/board/v...ht=cyber+flexx

Jeff

--
COOL LURES
The Lures that put FISH on ICE!

Old February 13th, 2004, 02:07 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"COOLLURES" wrote in message

Hey Steve, for a insiders look at the 3x, cyber flex debate look here

http://tackleunderground.com/board/v...ht=cyber+flexx

Jeff

Good info Jeff. I think I'll stick to lures that I know work, like yours!
Hey, we still have to talk!