product ideas

Old May 27th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Broadback

Default product ideas

Chris wrote:
I am in the final year of a technology education degree course, part of
which involves designing a product and manufacturing it to prototype stage.
The product has to be original, or better designed, than any similar product
on the market. I am posting this message to a number of newsgroups in the
hope that someone will have a problem with a product they use, or can't find
a product to suit their requirements in the market place. I would appreciate
any (sensible) suggestions.

How about a lawnmower that cuts wider than its wheels, so that you can
cut right to the edge of a lawn? If you go over the edge with a hover
it sinks.

--
Please only reply to Newsgroup as emails
to this address are deleted on arrival.
Old May 27th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Pete White

--

"DocDelete" wrote in message
"SteveH" wrote in message

Please point to the law / section of the Highway Code that outlaws
'undertaking'.

It's acceptable to "undertake" if the traffic stream in your lane is

moving
faster than the traffic streams in others.

If the knobs on the Brum section of the M6 want to sit bumper-to-bumper,

and
get sunburnt by flashing brakelights that's their choice - me? I prefer
sitting in that "empty tract" of an inside lane at a pleasant 55mph

(rather
than an erratic 20 - 65 in the other lanes) until I'm well clear of the

West
Mids.

To the original poster: perhaps we need some sort of device that shoots

farm
silage from bonnet mounted cannons at anyone on a mobile phone while
driving? Or, a little sticker (or anal cattle prod) reminding drivers

that
the use of indicators is mandatory, not optional.

--
Ken Davidson
DocDelete

---

Good idea! We also need something to remind drivers about stopping at red
lights instead of ignoring them!

Find a New Way Of Life At Marillion.com

Pete W.

Old May 27th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Pete White

--

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 May 2004 21:22:31 +0100, "Chris" wrote
in message :

I would appreciate any (sensible) suggestions.

Something to make bikes visible to car drivers? A transparent car
windscreen, for example?

IGMC...

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

How do you cope on the 'bent, Guy? You're a bit closer to the ground than
the rest of us!

Old May 27th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Pete White wrote:

How do you cope on the 'bent, Guy? You're a bit closer to the ground
than the rest of us!

You use the WTF? factor :-)

ps - prefacing all your replies with -- has an undesirable effect on some
newsreaders.

--
Guy
===

Victory is ours! Down with Eric the Half A Brain!

Old May 27th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Pete White

Pete White wrote:

How do you cope on the 'bent, Guy? You're a bit closer to the ground
than the rest of us!

You use the WTF? factor :-)

ps - prefacing all your replies with -- has an undesirable effect on some
newsreaders.

--
Guy
===
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Victory is ours! Down with Eric the Half A Brain!

Erm.... Sorry!

Outlook Express and all that! (no, nothing to do with me, honest...)

While we're on the subject, can you recommend a decent freeware email
program, seeing as you're an internet wizard? PLEASE!!! I thought I'd lost
all access to usenet a few weeks ago, till a friend told me that theres an
error with OE which forces you to reset any groups you suscribe to.

Before you tell me that MS programs are rubbish (or ****e, or wank, or any
other expression) I'd just like to defend Microsoft on the grounds that they
make the best games console. I'll put up with XP, IE6 and OE just because
Halo is fantastic and PGR2 is wonderful.

Old May 27th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Thu, 27 May 2004 17:44:59 +0100, "Pete White"
wrote in message
:

While we're on the subject, can you recommend a decent freeware email
program

For Newsgroups, Gravity and Free Agent are both known to be good. For
email I use PocoMail (which I paid for, but a trivial sum); other
contenders include Eudora and the mail component of Mozilla (which of
course also does news). Others will have more recommendations (count
on it!), I use Agent and PocoMail, both paid for and both worth every
penny IMO.

Before you tell me that MS programs are rubbish (or ****e, or wank, or any
other expression) I'd just like to defend Microsoft on the grounds that they
make the best games console.

If only they wouldn't pretend to be an enterprise software company and
concentrate on the toys, I think we'd all be a lot happier (apart from
the antivirus firms).

I'll put up with XP, IE6 and OE just because
Halo is fantastic and PGR2 is wonderful.

Opera is better than IE by an order of magnitude, IMO.

Old May 27th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Roger Hughes

Mark South wrote:

Well, a practical horse carrier for a bicycle would be a boon.

You could resort to the horse when you get a puncture. (The horse would also
need to be equipped with a cycle carrier, but the desing will take that into
account.)

When encountering horseriders on bridleways they will not be able to make smart
remarks unless they want the obvious retort.

Morons encountered can be administered a jolly good kicking by the horse.

Some kind of system for combining the two modes of travel would be
handy; horses definitely go better up hills than down, and bikes tend to
the reverse (especially long draggy climbs and descents) so some kind of
optimisation seems a possibility worthy of investigation.

Roger
Old May 27th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Matzi

This is true. Over taking on inside was part of an offence of dangerous
driving I had to write a report on.
We don't have fast lanes..we have over taking lanes..if your not over
taking..get over to the left : )

"Brendan Murray" wrote in message

"Jon Senior" jon_AT_restlesslemon_DOTco_DOT_uk wrote in message
Nathaniel Porter opined the following...

SNIP
It could also be used to suggest to some drivers that they might wish to
use the vast and frequently empty tract of tarmac known as the inside
lane!

Apart from the fact that overtaking on the inside has been identified as
being a major cause of motorway accidents as well as being an offence. As
far as I can remember the law states you're supposed to drive on the left.
Always!

B=

Jon

Old May 27th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Matzi

Undertaking is an offence..trust me on this. Unless in a traffic jam or
split lane situation (ie 2 lanes stay motorway left lane changes to A road
type thing)

"Richard" wrote in message
Brendan Murray wrote:

Apart from the fact that overtaking on the inside has been identified as
being a major cause of motorway accidents as well as being an offence.

It's not illegal per se.