OT- Wake Up Call

Old August 28th, 2008, 12:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

Default OT- Wake Up Call

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
Yeah, that's why Forbes and a whole bunch of other pubs, including
Time are so very impressed with her.

Dave

you are right, she wrote a book and some in the media
have fawned over her, but I don't get it. She has a proven record of
mismanagement, which, come to think of it, would suit the GOP just fine.
Tom

Old August 28th, 2008, 12:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Oh, forgot to add.....

She didn't cheat in law school, no plagiarism, and she hasn't been
bouncing around in Congress for 38 years with the same old ideas. We
need new ideas and they must come from proven leaders. She is a
proven leader. Biden may be a leader, but his ideas are old hat, and
Obama is not qualified to be POTUS, according to his own veep
selection. Now I hear there is a lawsuit against the DNC from someone
IN the DNC saying Obama is not qualified to even *run* for potus
because he is not a natural born citizen. Not natural born, links to
a communist outlaw, a citizen of Indonesia where he was a Muslim, 143
days serving as a Senator, a wife who is not proud to be an American,
and he has gone to a church for 20 years that teaches black theoloogy
i.e., hate the whiteman.

By all standards, Obama should be leaps and bounds ahead of McCain at
this point, whereas he is behind in many polls, and even in most.
Could it be the average joe is seeing through the facade cloaking our
little Barry?

You guys never learn. You put up a slug like Kerry, and lose. Now ya
got another slug (or so it would appear) who wants to "change" America
when he admits that it is the finest country in the world. Change it
to what? A welfare state? That is where we are heading. When much
of the population is either working for a government or gets services
from said governemt, the system becomes corrupted.

I see it at the food pantry. Clients say, "Oh, Barack is gonna give
us money, he's gonna change things." Yeah, riiiiiiiiiight. I have
heard that from every single potus wannabe since Truman.

Dave (who would not be surprised if they pick Hillary tonight)

Old August 28th, 2008, 02:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
Oh, forgot to add.....

She didn't cheat in law school, no plagiarism, and she hasn't been
bouncing around in Congress for 38 years with the same old ideas. We
need new ideas and they must come from proven leaders. She is a
proven leader. Biden may be a leader, but his ideas are old hat, and
Obama is not qualified to be POTUS, according to his own veep
selection. Now I hear there is a lawsuit against the DNC from someone
IN the DNC saying Obama is not qualified to even *run* for potus
because he is not a natural born citizen. Not natural born, links to
a communist outlaw, a citizen of Indonesia where he was a Muslim, 143
days serving as a Senator, a wife who is not proud to be an American,
and he has gone to a church for 20 years that teaches black theoloogy
i.e., hate the whiteman.

you ought to be embarassed to spout the above, as it is a complete crock of
**** that ought to be beneath you. The facts are pretty simple: the same
sort of BS was spouted about Bill Clinton when he ran, yet, somehow, we
managed to do a lot better than under his predecessor or the Bush that
followed him. All that garbage, and it is a collection of lies, about Obama,
is typical of the divisive rhetoric the Republicans have used for too long
to divide the US population, and in so doing, drive this nation into the
toilet.

Dave (who would not be surprised if they pick Hillary tonight)

spot on, as usual, David(which is old Tom's way of saying you haven't a
clue). It's going to be a hoot this fall, watching the tough-talking GOP
apologists watch it all slip away. Say goodbye to the House of
Representatives, hello to a 60-vote Dem majority in the Senate and sit back
and watch Obama pull out the victory in November.
Then, maybe we can ALL watch a real leader try and pull this nation
together, into the future, with some common purpose, and not have to listen
to pantload of 'us' versus
'them', 'conservatives' versus 'liberals' and so on, for a few years at
least.
Tom

Old August 28th, 2008, 02:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

[...]

Funny, I thought I had flipped this record over. I seems to be stuck in a
groove.

Oh well, what do ya expect of a 78 vinyl?

Op

Old August 28th, 2008, 03:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 01:49:01 GMT, "Tom Littleton"
wrote:

All that garbage, and it is a collection of lies,

What lies, Tom? Everything I said came from Dems. It's the Hillary
folks that are investigating his citizenship, not the Republicans. He
*is* inexperience, having spent only 140 something days in the Senate
as a Senator. He's been running for potus ever since the day he was
elected. His own veep selection says he is NOT ready to be potus.
Can you imagine what you and the other blind liberals on this forum
would say if McCain's veep selection said publicly that he was not
ready to be potus, or that he was too old. I didn't make that up. It
was on all the news. I have uttered no lies about Obama. I think he
is not qualified for potus simply by his record. He has done nothing.
Being a man with charisma does not mean you're going to do a good job
at governing.

His background is public knowledge. His mentored is Frank Davis an
avowed communist. He mentioned him in one of his books.
http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?f...w&pageId=56859
Read it and weep. They aren't my words. Where has the liberal press
been with this? His dealings in Illinois are also suspect, including
the purchase of part of the land his mansion sits on from Reso
(spelling), a convicted con man. He is not squeaking clean as you
think. He is totally unproven under fire, under pressure.

The party ticket should read Biden and Obama.

Old August 28th, 2008, 03:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 21:49:32 -0400, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:

Funny, I thought I had flipped this record over. I seems to be stuck in a
groove.

Oh well, what do ya expect of a 78 vinyl?

Gee, and I thought you had plonked me, Mark. d)

Old August 28th, 2008, 03:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

wrote:

Funny, I thought I had flipped this record over. I seems to be stuck in a
groove.

Oh well, what do ya expect of a 78 vinyl?

Gee, and I thought you had plonked me, Mark. d)

There's your problem Dave. Your thinkings all wrong!

Life has "plonked" you Dave, not me.

Op

Old August 28th, 2008, 11:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 22:52:03 -0400, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:

Life has "plonked" you Dave, not me.

But life is so goood, Mark. I'm not a fat, alcoholic redneck, with no
future. That puts me waaaaaay ahead of the game.

Old August 28th, 2008, 01:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff miller[_2_]

wrote:

Life has "plonked" you Dave, not me.

But life is so goood, Mark. I'm not a fat, alcoholic redneck, with no
future. That puts me waaaaaay ahead of the game.

Dave

not sure of the "game", but last i checked, and i reckon i've spent more
time around him than most here, mark wasn't an alcoholic redneck, and he
seemed to be on the path to a happy life and a solid future. he was a
bit overweight, though, as am i... and, as i recall, are you.

jeff
Old August 28th, 2008, 10:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"jeff miller" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

Life has "plonked" you Dave, not me.

But life is so goood, Mark. I'm not a fat, alcoholic redneck, with no
future. That puts me waaaaaay ahead of the game.

Dave

not sure of the "game", but last i checked, and i reckon i've spent more
time around him than most here, mark wasn't an alcoholic redneck, and he
seemed to be on the path to a happy life and a solid future. he was a bit
overweight, though, as am i... and, as i recall, are you.

jeff

Oh! So now I'm OVERWEIGHT!

Well, you gotta gray beard! How ya like them apples, mister!

And you won't recognize me this Spring, as I *have* put on quite a few
pounds since I quit smoking.

Lookin' forward to our next outing. And I really think you should reconsider
bringin' the funny-named pup of yours.

Op --it's my own fault, really, I wrestled with a pig--