Rapid River part III

Old June 28th, 2010, 11:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

Default Rapid River part III

On 2010-06-28 11:40:25 -0400, "Wayne Harrison" said:

that's all right, by god. i've got kick ass memories.

yfitons
wayno

Don't we all? For your neuropathy -- I take a couple of neurontin
pills a day to stop the pain. I have it all the way from my toes to
mid-way up my leg. That's why I'm constantly pulling a Reid.

And get your scrawny ass up to Lakewood with me. With all your money,
counselor, you can affort two or three weeks.

yyf

Old June 29th, 2010, 09:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

On 2010-06-28 11:40:25 -0400, "Wayne Harrison" said:

that's all right, by god. i've got kick ass memories.

yfitons
wayno

Don't we all? For your neuropathy -- I take a couple of neurontin pills a
day to stop the pain. I have it all the way from my toes to mid-way up my
leg. That's why I'm constantly pulling a Reid.

And get your scrawny ass up to Lakewood with me. With all your money,
counselor, you can affort two or three weeks.

yyf
Dave

careful, now--you might have your requests responded to earlier than you
think...

yfitons
wayno

Old June 29th, 2010, 09:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message

If I get down that way I'll dump you in a wheelbarrow
and push you up Hazel Creek myself. You just tell me
where you want to fish and I'll dump you right there. ;-)

you're on, chief. but the temps for the last 30 days would have killed
both of us...

yfitons
wayno

Old July 1st, 2010, 03:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2010-06-28 13:46:21 -0400, "Tim J."
said:

D. LaCourse typed:
snip
I have
terrible hip pain, but they are not bad enough to require replacement.
I can not imagine how much pain one must endure before replacement
therapy.

About that much.

Hopefully the shots will allow me better mobilization.

Good luck with the shots. Once they only give you a day or so of relief, get
the replacement. I've not spoken with anyone who regrets it, and the recoup
isn't long. I'm really glad I had it done.

Tim, I can not believe what relief the shot has given me. It's
amazing, really. I had trouble with a shoulder a few years ago (my
casting arm) and had a cortisone shot. It helped alot and much of my
mobility came back. It has remained relatively well since. But this
hip thingy.... I was at the point were it was almost too difficult to
walk, but now the pain is all gone and I again have mobility in that
leg.

I went on CPAP theropy about a week ago and it too has shown remarkable
resuts. No more morning and afternoon naps, and I awake each morning
feeling 10 years younger. I can't wait to get to Lakewood on the 4th
and put all this new painless walking and refound energy to work. I
should be able to fish the entire day instead of a 1/2 routine of
fishing/napping.

Dave (who is finding it takes a tough sob to grow old)

Old July 1st, 2010, 06:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 1-Jul-2010, D. LaCourse wrote:

[...]

I definitely agree w your last line.

I too have neuropathty in my feet
I take Gabarpentin and some other meds...

I truly wish for you pain free and successful fishing in a gorgeous area -
youir "home waters"

Fred
Old July 3rd, 2010, 04:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR[_4_]

D. LaCourse wrote:
Although I call the Rapid River my "home" waters, it takes me about 3
1/2 hours to get there.... etc.

Wonderful report, Dave. Take care of yourself. Lot of fish left to catch.

Congratulations to you and Jo on your anniversary. Give her my best
(along with the usual expressions of sympathy....) ;-)

- JR
Old July 21st, 2010, 05:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

I'm glad I dropped in to ROFF to see what the summer has brought. Great
trip report.

Randy
Scappoose, Oregon