Montahoming today

Old July 4th, 2010, 06:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

Default Montahoming today

On Jul 4, 11:19*am, "Fred" wrote:
On *3-Jul-2010, Larry L wrote:

* I DO
admit to being spoiled, but spoiling myself as been a life goal for me
as far back as I can remember ... and I feel zero guilt about that g

Spoiled eh?

I have at least 7 fly rods maybe 8
3 violins, only 2 guitars, *2 mandolins
It seems that I can only use one at a time -but I tell my wife that I "need"
them and she says no more until I sell one.

I need" a Gibson F5 mando
I really "need" it

Anyone want to buy a National; Resophonic mando?

Fred

Don't know where you are, Fred, but have you ever considered travel to
Mt. View Arkansas?

Jamming (every style -- mostly blues and old rock last night) capital
of the known galaxy, and less than an hour from two of the best
tailwater fisheries in the nation -- and two hours from the Little
Red, where a recent world record brown was caught.

I am typing this from our semi-permanent reservation near the square
in MV, where full hook-ups, with cable TV and high speed wi-fi, go for
$18 per night.

Y'all come (and it has one of the great music stores with instrument
"tweakers" available 24/7 )

happy 4th

oz
Old July 4th, 2010, 06:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 4-Jul-2010, MajorOz wrote:

On Jul 4, 11:19*am, "Fred" wrote:
On *3-Jul-2010, Larry L wrote:

[...]

I appreciate the invite
We are in NW Montana
Who knows ? Arkansas - fishing? Perhaps someday

Fred
Old July 5th, 2010, 06:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

On Jul 4, 12:33*pm, "Fred" wrote:
On *4-Jul-2010, MajorOz wrote:

On Jul 4, 11:19*am, "Fred" wrote:
On *3-Jul-2010, Larry L wrote:

[...]

OK

I'm too old for Montana. Left Wyoming after 30+ years, as couldn't
take the wind.

Friend was stationed at Malmstrom. Said summer week was nice, but
stayed burrowed the rest of the year.

cheers

oz
Old July 6th, 2010, 06:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

On 07/01/2010 10:34 AM, Larry L wrote:
So, I'm sitting, and waiting, in the Dodge dealer in Rexburg since my
check engine light went on and they have to replace some computer
dealie. Figured I might as well post to ROFF given both the time
and boredom level needed.

The Ranch is very crowded so I'm mostly avoiding it. Many, ( most)
waters in Montahoming are still too high so many regulars for opener
that would have moved to the Missouri or Madison are still around.
For some reason the HFork is the opposite and they are letting out
less water than I have ever seen this time of year. Combination of
many humans waving sticks and low, low, water making fish spooky but
heard of a 26.5 incher caught yesterday although all I managed was
hooking two and losing two. ( no where near that big ). The roads
ALL seem to have constant construction zones and pilot cars and long
waits, so I'm waiting till next week to start getting serious about
the Ranch after I move closer and ( hopefully) early season, big bug
mania dies down.

I've been floating around Hebgen stripping little nymphs two-three
feet deep and catching a lot of 18 - 21" fish. We're camped right
there where I can leave the Watermaster ready and launch at the back
door. Been averaging about 3-4 fish an hour and ALL of them are 18"
or better ! Stripping little nymphs on an intermediate line ain't
too boring with that success rate. I used to do mainly lake fishing
in Ca and it's kinda fun ( for a few days ) to revisit.

Jeff, I don't have a clue how the Madison is looking/doing, something
I'm sure you're wondering about. IN the park it normal for now, last
I heard it was high and muddy below Quake .... BUT, I do NOT really
know.

Cool, part in, almost ready to leave the dealer ... see Ya

Cool, Larry! Any plans on visiting the Driggs area?

Russell
Old July 11th, 2010, 07:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On Jul 5, 11:28*pm, "Russell D." wrote:
[...]

Yes, still a bit high I hear, but soon G
Old July 13th, 2010, 12:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

On 07/11/2010 12:54 PM, Larry L wrote:

Cool, Larry! Any plans on visiting the Driggs area?

Russell

Yes, still a bit high I hear, but soon G

I just got back from a week of visiting family there, and yes, the water
is still high. Didn't even break out the gear.

Let me know when you'll be there and maybe I can swing a trip back up there.

Russell