This post AIN'T about strangling monkeys...

Old July 29th, 2010, 11:59 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Church[_11_]

Default This post AIN'T about strangling monkeys...

By gosh, after years of fighting a painful shoulder I do believe the
arthroscopy on my right shoulder last Monday may have done the trick. Had
a post op sit down with my bone mechanic yesterday. He showed me some
color pictures he took inside my shoulder joint. Apparently he did some
serious cutting and grinding to smooth things out in there..whatever he
did it worked. Test casted a new 4 wt St Croix rod yesterday and no pain
whatever and the dang shoulder ain't even healed yet. The real test comes
this weekend when I get back on the water and cast my smallmouth rods
long enough to see how it goes. Docs advise was "if it don't hurt do it,
and if it hurts don't do it and keep up with those excersizes". Things
are looking up...

Frank Sr
...who suppose this means I have to get off the drugs now..(sigh)
Old July 29th, 2010, 12:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On Jul 29, 5:59*am, Frank Church wrote:
By gosh, after years of fighting a painful shoulder I do believe the
arthroscopy on my right shoulder last Monday may have done the trick. Had
a post op sit down with my bone mechanic yesterday. He showed me some
color pictures he took inside my shoulder joint. Apparently he did some
serious cutting and grinding to smooth things out in there..whatever he
did it worked. Test casted a new 4 wt St Croix rod yesterday and no pain
whatever and the dang shoulder ain't even healed yet. The real test comes
this weekend when I get back on the water and cast my smallmouth rods
long enough to see how it goes. Docs advise was "if it don't hurt do it,
and if it hurts don't do it and keep up with those excersizes". Things
are looking up...

Frank Sr
..who suppose this means I have to get off the drugs now..(sigh)

Trust me on this one dad. Do those exercises! The motion and
flexibility is needed so the scar tissue doesn't build in and lock you
back up. The strength gets those muscles back in shape so you can
move better. I doubled up on the exercises and recovered with full
range of motion in 30 vs 90 days.
Frank the Younger
Old July 29th, 2010, 04:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 29-Jul-2010, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Frank_Reid_=A9_2010?=
wrote:

Frank Sr
..who suppose this means I have to get off the drugs now..(sigh)

Trust me on this one dad. Do those exercises! The motion and
flexibility is needed so the scar tissue doesn't build in and lock you
back up. The strength gets those muscles back in shape so you can
move better. I doubled up on the exercises and recovered with full
range of motion in 30 vs 90 days.
Frank the Younger

I am living walking proof that PT does work
No pain - No gain -
Do those excercises
I have had bad knees - w 2 Arthroscopic surgeries , rotator cuff
and numerous other sports injuries and ailments

Fred the wiser
Old July 29th, 2010, 04:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Church[_11_]

Frank Reid © 2010 wrote in
:

[...]

Good advice Junior, I plan to do it all...having missed 2 straight years
fishing in Maine because of a bum shoulder I ain't about to screw this
up. Thanks for the advice...
Old July 29th, 2010, 04:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Church[_11_]

"Fred" wrote in
:

wrote:

Frank Sr
..who suppose this means I have to get off the drugs now..(sigh)

Trust me on this one dad. Do those exercises! The motion and
flexibility is needed so the scar tissue doesn't build in and lock
you back up. The strength gets those muscles back in shape so you
can move better. I doubled up on the exercises and recovered with
full range of motion in 30 vs 90 days.
Frank the Younger

I am living walking proof that PT does work
No pain - No gain -
Do those excercises
I have had bad knees - w 2 Arthroscopic surgeries , rotator cuff
and numerous other sports injuries and ailments

Fred the wiser

....I'm working on the wiser part Fred...

Frank Sr.
....who is getting there slowly but surely in Fremont
Old July 29th, 2010, 04:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2010-07-29 11:37:06 -0400, Frank Church said:

"Fred" wrote in
:

wrote:

Frank Sr
..who suppose this means I have to get off the drugs now..(sigh)

Trust me on this one dad. Do those exercises! The motion and
flexibility is needed so the scar tissue doesn't build in and lock
you back up. The strength gets those muscles back in shape so you
can move better. I doubled up on the exercises and recovered with
full range of motion in 30 vs 90 days.
Frank the Younger

I am living walking proof that PT does work
No pain - No gain -
Do those excercises
I have had bad knees - w 2 Arthroscopic surgeries , rotator cuff
and numerous other sports injuries and ailments

Fred the wiser

...I'm working on the wiser part Fred...

Frank Sr.
...who is getting there slowly but surely in Fremont

Ya hafta get back to chasing those *fast* women, Frank. Don't slow down.

d;o)

Old July 29th, 2010, 05:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Frank Church wrote:
By gosh, after years of fighting a painful shoulder I do believe the
arthroscopy on my right shoulder last Monday may have done the trick. Had
a post op sit down with my bone mechanic yesterday. He showed me some
color pictures he took inside my shoulder joint. Apparently he did some
serious cutting and grinding to smooth things out in there..whatever he
did it worked. Test casted a new 4 wt St Croix rod yesterday and no pain
whatever and the dang shoulder ain't even healed yet. The real test comes
this weekend when I get back on the water and cast my smallmouth rods
long enough to see how it goes. Docs advise was "if it don't hurt do it,
and if it hurts don't do it and keep up with those excersizes". Things
are looking up...

I'm happy to hear your overhaul went well. Get off to Maine
and annoy a bunch of smallies.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Church[_11_]

D. LaCourse wrote in news:2010072911552016807-
davplac@aolcom:

Frank Sr.
...who is getting there slowly but surely in Fremont

Ya hafta get back to chasing those *fast* women, Frank. Don't slow

down.

d;o)

I figger in another year or so a walker with racing stripes mounted on
skate boards oughta keep me up with them fast wimmen.

Formerly Fast in Fremont
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Church[_11_]

Ken Fortenberry wrote in
:

Frank Church wrote:

I'm happy to hear your overhaul went well. Get off to Maine
and annoy a bunch of smallies.

Thanks Kenny, gonna do just that come Sept

Frank Sr.