TR: Green River

Old January 26th, 2011, 11:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mark H. Bowen[_2_]

Default TR: Green River

Hi JT,

As I know nothing about that part of the country, except what I have forgotten about the TRs that Steve Zimmerman used to post--wonder where he is now? I assume the water you fished is a tail race? are the trout stockers or do they persist year round? If the river holds wild trout, do you fish it in other locations, besides below the dam area?

Great report. Thanks for sharing!

Op
Old January 26th, 2011, 11:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JT

"Mark H. Bowen" wrote in message
Hi JT,

As I know nothing about that part of the country, except what I have
forgotten about the TRs that Steve Zimmerman used to post--wonder where he
is now? I assume the water you fished is a tail race? are the trout
stockers or do they persist year round? If the river holds wild trout, do
you fish it in other locations, besides below the dam area?

Great report. Thanks for sharing!

Op

Hi Op,

Yes, this is a tail water. I don't know a great deal about the Green River,
this was my third time to the area. Following is some good information about
the sections of river that you can fish, 30 miles worth below the Flaming
Gorge Dam.

http://www.fishgreenriver.com/green%...%20fishing.htm

I have only float/wade fished the first section of river below the dam and
wade fished a small portion of the next section of river.

We stayed at this location, this time of year they charge $62.00 a night,
normally $109.00
http://www.fishgreenriver.com/Lodging.htm
There are a couple other options and a number of camp sites available.

One stickler are the shuttle costs. It's $42.00 for the first section or
$95.00 if you want to do all three.
I'm thinking go down and run the long shuttle for $80.00, run two each day 7
days a week for 6 months ( I think it would be pretty easy given the number
of people to the area) and pull down 30K cash! It would be a fun way to
spend a summer for a single guy.

Not sure about Steve Z?

Thanks,
JT