the death of roff

Old September 7th, 2011, 11:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

Default the death of roff

the demise of rec.outdoors.fishing.fly is a tragic certainty. there may be
some reflexive flips and flops, not unlike the last gasps of a rainbow in
the rocks and sand up on hazel creek, but you can mark it down as gone; long
gone.

that truth troubles me as much as anyone. but, there you have it.

yfitons
wayno

Old September 7th, 2011, 11:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2011-09-07 18:01:05 -0400, "Wayne Harrison" said:

the demise of rec.outdoors.fishing.fly is a tragic certainty. there may be
some reflexive flips and flops, not unlike the last gasps of a rainbow in
the rocks and sand up on hazel creek, but you can mark it down as gone; long
gone.

that truth troubles me as much as anyone. but, there you have it.

yfitons
wayno

Well, why don't you go fishing with me and jeffy in Maine come next
June? A good trip report would help.

Louie

Old September 7th, 2011, 11:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Wayne Harrison wrote:
the demise of rec.outdoors.fishing.fly is a tragic certainty. there may be
some reflexive flips and flops, not unlike the last gasps of a rainbow in
the rocks and sand up on hazel creek, but you can mark it down as gone; long
gone.

that truth troubles me as much as anyone. but, there you have it.

Yeah, like buggy whips, full service gas stations and phone booths
Usenet is dead and, for all practical purposes, gone.

It was fun while it lasted.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old September 8th, 2011, 06:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Grey[_2_]

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
Wayne Harrison wrote:
the demise of rec.outdoors.fishing.fly is a tragic certainty. there may
be
some reflexive flips and flops, not unlike the last gasps of a rainbow in
the rocks and sand up on hazel creek, but you can mark it down as gone;
long
gone.

that truth troubles me as much as anyone. but, there you have it.

Yeah, like buggy whips, full service gas stations and phone booths
Usenet is dead and, for all practical purposes, gone.

It was fun while it lasted.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Call me when it's over :-)

Bill

Old September 9th, 2011, 12:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 7, 5:01*pm, "Wayne Harrison" wrote:
the demise of rec.outdoors.fishing.fly is a tragic certainty. *there may be
some reflexive flips and flops, not unlike the last gasps of a rainbow in
the rocks and sand up on hazel creek, but you can mark it down as gone; long
gone.

that truth troubles me as much as anyone. *but, there you have it.

yfitons
wayno

Well, you let it happen.

But it hasn't.

And it won't.

And there it is.

Wolfgang
think about it wayno......that's your job.....and word has it you do
it well.
Old September 9th, 2011, 12:09 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 7, 5:47*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Wayne Harrison wrote:
the demise of rec.outdoors.fishing.fly is a tragic certainty. *there may be
some reflexive flips and flops, not unlike the last gasps of a rainbow in
the rocks and sand up on hazel creek, but you can mark it down as gone; long
gone.

that truth troubles me as much as anyone. *but, there you have it.

Yeah, like buggy whips, full service gas stations and phone booths
Usenet is dead and, for all practical purposes, gone.

It was fun while it lasted.

--
Ken Fortenberry

BOO!

g.
hee, hee, hee.
Old September 9th, 2011, 12:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
PENZZZ

On Sep 7, 6:01*pm, "Wayne Harrison" wrote:
the demise of rec.outdoors.fishing.fly is a tragic certainty. *there may be
some reflexive flips and flops, not unlike the last gasps of a rainbow in
the rocks and sand up on hazel creek, but you can mark it down as gone; long
gone.

that truth troubles me as much as anyone. *but, there you have it.

yfitons
wayno

Jeff, Indian Joe and I discussed this on Penns Creek one day. The
toxicity of this place certainly has contributed to driving people
away from ROFF. Ranting is fine, and disagreeing is fine. But this
place slipped into just plain ugly from time to time.
I know – leave if you don’t like the place….
Old September 10th, 2011, 02:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Sep 9, 6:59*am, PENZZZ wrote:

Jeff, Indian Joe and I discussed this on Penns Creek one day. *The
toxicity of this place certainly has contributed to driving people
away from ROFF.

People get driven away from EVERY place, EVERY day. And it is rarely
toxicity that does the trick. Look at religion.....ANY
religion.....for a case in point.

Ranting is fine

sometimes

and disagreeing is fine.

nearly always.

But this
place slipped into just plain ugly from time to time.

So?

I know – leave if you don’t like the place….

Yeah.....good plan.....wouldn't want to stick around and do anything
to make it better.....right?

gee......i wonder if anybody wonders why this sort of **** happens.

hm......karma, i guess.

g.
who never seen so many ****in' buddhists and hindus.

Old September 11th, 2011, 01:34 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

g.
who never seen so many ****in' buddhists and hindus.

"in the winter, i'm a buddhist,
in the summer, i'm a nudist."

joseph ferdinand gould

from the "ain't no atheists in foxholes" collection of life's axioms...

jeff

Old September 11th, 2011, 02:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_9_]

On Sep 8, 12:47*am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Wayne Harrison wrote:
the demise of rec.outdoors.fishing.fly is a tragic certainty. *there may be
some reflexive flips and flops, not unlike the last gasps of a rainbow in
the rocks and sand up on hazel creek, but you can mark it down as gone; long
gone.

that truth troubles me as much as anyone. *but, there you have it.

Yeah, like buggy whips, full service gas stations and phone booths
Usenet is dead and, for all practical purposes, gone.

It was fun while it lasted.

--
Ken Fortenberry

The main reason for the demise of this group is you, and others like
you, you poisonous *******.

You wont last five minutes on any social media as soon as you get up
to your nasty tricks.