Tubes and Jig 'n Pigs

Old March 27th, 2004, 12:18 AM
RichZ

Default Tubes and Jig 'n Pigs

Brad wrote:
Green Pumpkin can't be wrong!

There are no axioms in fishing. But if there were, this would be one of
them.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old March 27th, 2004, 09:32 PM
RichZ

Go-bassn wrote:
rarely seen in a spinnerbait color

I have several. It's been really good at Champlain.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old March 29th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Charles B. Summers

Lemme check my inventory to see if I have any green pumpkin skirt material.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

"go-bassn" wrote in message
Noted, thank you. BOB!

Warren

Old March 29th, 2004, 04:10 AM

Watermellon for tubes & black & blue for jig & pig

Old April 23rd, 2004, 03:31 AM
Bob Rickard

We have a pattern in our original series that mated green pumpkin on top
with a subtle chartreuse pattern called "chartreuse with blue glimmer" on
the bottom. We called the lure the Grass Craw, and it was a great producer
but a poor seller because it was not real flashy (what craw is?). Rigged
with double willowleaf blades and retrieved thru grass near the bottom, it
was a killer. We do not plan to make it in large quantities for dealers, but
it probably will be available again soon as an internet-only model.

--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

Old April 23rd, 2004, 03:44 AM
Bob Rickard

I fogot to add that we have two other "sister" craw models that use the
regular (orangish-dark brown) pumpkin. One, the Wood Craw, uses the regular
pumpkin with the chartreuse with blue glimmer color. It is perfect fished
around the base of wood. The third model, the Rock Craw, uses 25% dull
orange in the tail instead of the 50% dull chartreuse bottom. It has
produced some real hog smallies while being slow-rolled along rocky bottoms
with single gold blades.

These two models also greatly resemble crawfish, and will also probably be
re-introduced on the internet. Both pumpkin colors, green and regular, work
great wherever used, regardless the lure type.

--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

. ..

Old April 23rd, 2004, 04:25 AM
RichZ

Bob wrote:
We have a pattern in our original series that mated green pumpkin on top
with a subtle chartreuse pattern called "chartreuse with blue glimmer" on
the bottom.

That was one of my favorites! Also green pumpkin with a few strands of gold
on the bottom. Not sure where I got that one. May have made it myself.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing