2004 Western Conclave

Old October 18th, 2003, 03:53 AM
bones

Default 2004 Western Conclave

I do believe I will be there.....we are usually at the Slide by the
15th of July.

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:14:12 -0600, Warren wrote:

wrote...
The one of the camp ground is called Beaver Creek the other is Cabin
Creek. Beaver Creek is very nice, a few grizz and a moose or two

The new owner of the Slide Inn is Kelly Gallop and yes, he knows his
stuff

First of all, sorry for the fubar. I somehow got this posted to ROFFT instead
of ROFF......... BUT, you all are invited too even if you are the *******
children of ROFF. BSEG

Well, I woudn't call him "new", but yes, Kelly is the "new" owner. Very cool
guy.

http://www.slideinn.com/index.htm

I have been staying there for he last 20 plus years.......

So you going to show up? ;-)

Old October 18th, 2003, 12:31 PM
Charlie Choc

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 02:53:58 GMT, bones
wrote:

I do believe I will be there.....we are usually at the Slide by the
15th of July.

That will be cool, Harry. Look forward to meeting you.
--
Charlie...
Old October 18th, 2003, 08:40 PM
riverman

"Jeff Miller" wrote in message
.... of course, i've just read a bit about the
box-cutter incidents on southwestern airlines, and i just finished a
trial involving a demented airline pilot...but, a year might allow me to
gather the courage to mount an airplane west again. ....

Sheeeee-it. I'M not gonna be able to get to sleep tonight!

--riverman
(I wonder how hard it is to swim the atlantic next time I go home...?)

Old October 18th, 2003, 09:45 PM
jeffc

"Warren" wrote in message
Okay guys, mark your calendars because July 10-17 (a Saturday through

Saturday
affair with the Friday before and the Sunday after being optional) will

mark
ROFF's return to the Madison for the 4th Western Conclave. The area I am
throwing this in is the Upper Madison since the crowds aren't as bad, the
scenery is better and it will keep everyone together in a small stretch.

There
are two FS campground right across the road from a cabin rental place

about
four miles upstream from the Slide Inn, which would be a good place to

rent a
nice cabin or hook an RV up at.

I'll add more info later after doing some more research on accommodations.

can't remember the name of the place across from the campgrounds, but the

Slide
Inn is a nicer spot IMO. The guy who owns it is a kick ass fisherman and

gives
damn good advice out of his fly shop there at the Slide Inn.

I don't get it. We're having fly TYING claves now? Isn't Kelly the guy
who's written a couple books? Should be a good clave. I'd like to fish in
July rather than August this time around. I'm still trying to get into some
of the good hatches that I read about. But the Madison will also be a good
nymphing river too.

Old October 21st, 2003, 06:19 AM
Clark Reid

No promises, but if I have as good a guiding season as I think I will given
my tentative bookings... I may well be there myself.

--
Clark Reid
http://www.dryflynz.com