Got Gurglers?

Old July 1st, 2004, 10:51 PM
Scott Seidman

Default Got Gurglers?

"Stan Gula" wrote in news:FTYEc.2358$i3.1462
@nwrdny03.gnilink.net:

"Big Dale" wrote in message
My favorite brim bed at Dale's point...

You know you're a bluegill junkie when they name the beds after youg

Hey Stashu

Think we can put together a long weekend in July, maybe Battenkill or
something?

Scott
Old July 2nd, 2004, 01:57 AM
Stan Gula

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...
Hey Stashu

Think we can put together a long weekend in July, maybe Battenkill or
something?

Scott

That would be Stasiu, and yes, let's do something. Battenkill, Ausable,
whatever.

Old July 2nd, 2004, 03:27 AM
Stan Gula

"Larry Schmitt" wrote in message
gy.com...
Is there some pictures available I missed the swap:-(

Larry: I didn't post all of the photos Tim took, because several were just
color variations. Dale tied us each about a dozen including some cap
spiders. These are all pretty unique specimens from the whole set. You
can't tell from the phots, but the gurgle bugger I tied is on a size 2 4xl
streamer hook - way bigger than the others which are mostly bluegill sized.

http://gula.org/roffswaps/swap.php?page=GS2004&id=15
--
Stan Gula

Old July 2nd, 2004, 01:23 PM
Conan The Librarian

ospam (Big Dale) wrote in message ...

Our June avarage is about 3.3 inches. This year it was 14.6 at my house. Six
Flags Over Texas in Arlington is re-opening today after being closed the past
two days due to the floods. This is the first time that has happened since the
park opened back in the 60's. My favorite brim bed at Dale's point has had so
much water the weeds have grown in so much this year they moved the bed. And
the weather liars say it won't rain again till this morning. I am like you...I
am tired of the damn rain.

We finally saw the sun yesterday afternoon. They're predicting
sunny days and temps in the mid-90's through the weekend, which means
with all the humidity, the heat index will be about 105-110.

After a day without rain, the Pedernales is back down to "only"
about 500 cfs. and dropping (this time of year it is usually about
100). It should be fishable again early next week. Ever since the
day I discovered that new (to me) hole on the river it's been raining
on the weekends and/or flooding. I *need* to get back there, as
that's the spot where I caught Guadalupe bass, catfish, sunnies and
saw gar and carp all in a space no bigger than 20' x 30'. An
absolutely gorgeous run that looks more like trout water than
anything.

And best of all, I only saw one other person in the 5 hours I was
out there, even though it's in the middle of a state park. (The
people who go to that area of the park mostly go to swim, and it's
maybe a mile hike upriver from their spot.)

Chuck Vance