drifting lower owens (pontoon boat)

Old July 1st, 2004, 11:40 PM
Randy

Default drifting lower owens (pontoon boat)

All,

Just picked up a pontoon boat and am going to drift the Lower Owens
below Bishop. Any advice on put in and take out sites? Also, does anyone
know if camping is allowed along side the river? I thought an overnight
drift might be fun.

Thanks,

Randy

Old July 2nd, 2004, 01:15 AM
Frank Reid

Just picked up a pontoon boat and am going to drift the Lower Owens
below Bishop. Any advice on put in and take out sites? Also, does anyone
know if camping is allowed along side the river? I thought an overnight
drift might be fun.

Go in at the bridge on East Line and I think the pull out you want is Warm
Springs rd. If you bring a bike with you, they are only a couple of road
miles apart. By the way, bring a ****load of hornbergs. Don't know about
the camping.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old July 2nd, 2004, 09:27 PM
Randy

So camping is legal next to the river? Btw, is a Hornberg a flie or bug
spray or something?

Thanks,

Randy

Old July 2nd, 2004, 10:09 PM
Frank Reid

So camping is legal next to the river? Btw, is a Hornberg a flie or bug
spray or something?

Thanks,

Randy

As I said, I don't know about camping. I live in friggen Maryland. A
Hornberg is a fly. You'll need a 6wt rod with a sink tip line, short leader
('bout 3 foot of 1X tippet). Its slow water with not a lot of insect
activity on top. Most of the fish are eating the local sculpins and other
baitfish, hence the Hornberg. Try going to Brocks Fly Shop in town.
http://www.cyberangler.com/reports/ca/gunsolley/

Old July 3rd, 2004, 02:07 AM
daytripper

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:27:22 -0700, Randy wrote:

So camping is legal next to the river? Btw, is a Hornberg a flie or bug
spray or something?

The Hornberg is the Purina Trout Chow(tm) of flies...

/daytripper (not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)