Got Gurglers?

Old June 30th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Tim J.

Default Got Gurglers?

Got gurglers from Gula. Good golly, they're great! Gobs of gratitude.
--
TL,
Gim

Old June 30th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Big Dale

My box of gurglers arrived by my friendly flyfishing postman a few minutes ago.
Thanks to all who participated and a special thanks to Stan for hosting the
event. BTW Stan, I like the variety of tailing materials you used. Now if it
ever quits raining I will start decorating trees and catching fish with them.

Big Dale
Old June 30th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Stan Gula

"Big Dale" wrote in message
My box of gurglers arrived by my friendly flyfishing postman a few minutes

ago.
Thanks to all who participated and a special thanks to Stan for hosting

the
event. BTW Stan, I like the variety of tailing materials you used. Now if

it
ever quits raining I will start decorating trees and catching fish with

them.

Big Dale

My pleasure, really, The tying is fun, and the flies from youse guys is
more fun. I especially liked the gurgler on a safety pin. That went right
on my hat.

Well, I had glued the green and orange sheets together and was trying to
figure how to tie three flies that would look different. One orange side
up, one green side up, and then what! Tails, my brain says, use different
tails!

If you fish the big gray Gurgle Bugger, let me know how it works. I was
trying to come up with something for bigger bass so I put a gurgler back on
an unweighted wooly bugger. My guess is it won't float upright because of
the heavy hackle - so I suggested to Tim that maybe he wants to trim the
bottom a bit. I have a couple that I'm going to try out on Monday.

Old June 30th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Stephen Welsh

"Tim J." wrote in news:10e5esnkqa2i695
@news.supernews.com:

Got gurglers from Gula. Good golly, they're great! Gobs of gratitude.

Gee. Mr. G. would appear to be in Tim's good graces.

;-)

Steve

Old July 1st, 2004, 03:07 PM
Big Dale

Conan The Librarian wrote:snip

So are y'all starting to grow gills up there too? It was the
second-rainiest June in recorded history down here. It's probably a
good thing in the bigger picture, but it sure does cut into your
fishing when your favorite river is in a semi-constant floodstage

Our June avarage is about 3.3 inches. This year it was 14.6 at my house. Six
Flags Over Texas in Arlington is re-opening today after being closed the past
two days due to the floods. This is the first time that has happened since the
park opened back in the 60's. My favorite brim bed at Dale's point has had so
much water the weeds have grown in so much this year they moved the bed. And
the weather liars say it won't rain again till this morning. I am like you...I
am tired of the damn rain.

Big Dale
Old July 1st, 2004, 03:18 PM
Tim J.

"Larry Schmitt" wrote...
Is there some pictures available I missed the swap:-(

Too bad, Larry - you would have liked this one.

There are about a dozen different flies, many from BD. I'll gladly volunteer for
picture taking duty if Stan wants to post them. It seems as though ol' Stan may
have a little less free time on his hands now. . . or depending on the
viewpoint of whether you think regular employment is good or sucks. ;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Old July 1st, 2004, 07:39 PM
Stan Gula

"Big Dale" wrote in message
My favorite brim bed at Dale's point...

You know you're a bluegill junkie when they name the beds after youg