ten days...

Old June 6th, 2010, 04:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
--riverman

Default ten days...

....and I'll be casting a #12 Adams to some rising greyling on the
Byske river in Sweden with Roger. Or else spey casting some giant
finger-grabbing hooked thing to salmon from one of several secret
spots.

Yeah. Can't wait.

--riverman
Old June 7th, 2010, 07:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
angler

On 6 Juni, 17:42, --riverman wrote:
...and I'll be casting a #12 Adams to some rising greyling on the
Byske river in Sweden with Roger. Or else spey casting some giant
finger-grabbing hooked thing to salmon from one of several secret
spots.

Yeah. Can't wait.

--riverman

Myron,

The river is now getting good runs of Baltic salmon. The biggest
caught so far was about lb30. A week ago none had been caught, but now
the reports have started coming in and there are some 40 caught
(yesterday evening's count).
Myself, I lost one today and then had to stop fishing as the foot of
the reel came loose. One of the screws had come undone and then
dropped into the river, and that was it for today (new reel, go
figure).
River is still slightly high but dropping steadily.

See you in a while!

/Roger

P.S. You forgot to mention the ever elusive Arctic char........
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:01 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
--riverman

On Jun 8, 2:07*am, angler wrote:
[...]

I don't know if 50 char between four guys in three days counts as
'ever-elusive'. Unless you're just talking about me...then yeah, VERY
elusive.

--riverman
Old June 9th, 2010, 09:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
angler

On 8 Juni, 10:01, --riverman wrote:
On Jun 8, 2:07*am, angler wrote:

[...]

Actually, it was 60 char between three guys ;-)

I would say you did fairly well being that it was your first try. That
one char was among the bigger during that trip, and so many of us
didn't catch anything the first time we went to that creek. Takes a
bit getting used to, those Arctic chars.

/Roger
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

Let's see....... with a guy named Riverman, and another named Angler,
if I were a fish I would be very scared.

Good luck, although luck has nothing to do with it.

d;o)