Rapid River

Old June 10th, 2010, 11:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

Default Rapid River

On 2010-06-09 08:50:15 -0400, JR said:

David LaCourse wrote:
As many of you know, the Rapid River in Maine is my homewater....
etc.

Nicely done, Dave. Brings back good memories.

JR

You should get out of that horrible city, John, and visit the Rapid for a week.

Old June 10th, 2010, 04:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 9-Jun-2010, rw wrote:

Dave I am jealous
I often confuse jealous and envious - the words
and I had to carefully look ion Wikipedia which defined the answer of no
malice involved.

Envy is the desire for that which someone else has.

Jealousy is the belief that someone else has what rightfully belongs to
oneself, as for example a loved one.

You're envious, not jealous.

Gracias senor

Pancho
Old June 10th, 2010, 04:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wayne Harrison

"David LaCourse" wrote

AND, if wayno knew of the four very beautiful 18 - 22 yo Polish girls who
are the waitresses, dish washer, and cabin girl, he would be up here
tomorrow. To hell with the fishing! d;o)

Dave

Bede przybywaja na nastepny lot z Greensboro

yfitons
waynoski

Old June 10th, 2010, 04:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 10-Jun-2010, David LaCourse wrote:

Dave I am jealous
I often confuse jealous and envious - the words
and I had to carefully look ion Wikipedia which defined the answer of no
malice involved.

I had the best nights sleep for 3 -4 night on Richardson Lake on an
island
camppsite me and my bird dog Taylor
We, my wife , and I spent a lot of wonderful times @ Chesuncook and
Umbagog

I remember the small speckled brookies of all colors and the few we ate
were
unbelievable w carrots onions and eggs in fpil

Stay fishing, man
The world is nuts!

Pancho Villa

There are several island sites for camping Fred, and they all offer
some beautiful views and fishing. In addition there are two very close
to the river and on the same side. Both the Black Cat site and Comfort
Cove site are within a mile of the river. They are primitive sites (no
running water) and the bugs can get bad, but the fishing is good.

You ought to think about returning here some day.

Dave

We have 2 weddings
One Labor Day and the other one in Oct
Both are in MA at Amherst and Sturbridge
Ia sked my nephews to change the dates to get married on th same weekend
but -They won't listen to me
So
I might just do that or
Some striper fishing near Portland ME
Powerful fish!

Fred
Old June 10th, 2010, 09:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2010-06-10 11:23:38 -0400, "Wayne Harrison" said:

Bede przybywaja na nastepny lot z Greensboro

yfitons
waynoski

If I tell them that, will it get my face slapped?

d;o)

Old June 10th, 2010, 10:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

On 2010-06-10 11:23:38 -0400, "Wayne Harrison" said:

Bede przybywaja na nastepny lot z Greensboro

yfitons
waynoski

If I tell them that, will it get my face slapped?

d;o)

Nah, you'll just have to put up with his snoring.
Frank
Old June 11th, 2010, 12:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR[_4_]

On 2010-06-09 08:50:15 -0400, JR said:

Nicely done, Dave. Brings back good memories.

You should get out of that horrible city, John, and visit the Rapid for
a week.

Truer words was never spoke.
Old June 21st, 2010, 06:48 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

On 06/06/2010 11:23 AM, David LaCourse wrote:

They absolutely loved my size 20 caddis nymph (the
fish, not so much the guide and his sport). I switched to a size 22 of
the same pattern (had a helluva job threading it with my 5x tippet), and
the love affair with this pattern continued.

Great report. Excellent writing. Thank you for sharing!

If you are still reading this thread and if you are
of a mind to, what went into your decision to
imitate a tiny caddis, as opposed to a midge or
a tiny stone fly/mayfly?

-T
Old June 21st, 2010, 01:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

Old June 21st, 2010, 06:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Todd[_2_]

On 2010-06-21 01:48:48 -0400, Todd said:

On 06/06/2010 11:23 AM, David LaCourse wrote:

They absolutely loved my size 20 caddis nymph (the
fish, not so much the guide and his sport). I switched to a size 22 of
the same pattern (had a helluva job threading it with my 5x tippet), and
the love affair with this pattern continued.

Great report. Excellent writing. Thank you for sharing!

If you are still reading this thread and if you are
of a mind to, what went into your decision to
imitate a tiny caddis, as opposed to a midge or
a tiny stone fly/mayfly?

-T

Experience.

The local fly shop is always trying to get me to
try small midges, essentially tiny colored hooks.
I have always had a funny feeling about them.
Your experience gives foundation to that feeling.

On the other hard, post Mortens on Rainbow I have
accidentally killed (barbless hook hit an artery)
have shows their stomachs to be full of tiny black
sticks, which I presume are midges

If it is not giving away a trade secret, which caddis
nymph did you choose? Any chance of a photo?

Many thanks,
-T