Both sides vindicated

Old November 4th, 2004, 08:39 PM
riverman

Default Both sides vindicated

Just stumbled across this fascinating article about the 2000 elections, and
it has some very relevant info about this election. Before the flames begin,
it vindicates the Pirate and his defense of the original Florida ballot, and
it vindicates my frustration on the urban vs. rural vote of this (and last)
election. All in all, it has some interesting perspectives, supported by
some managable mathematics and logic.

Worth a look. From both sides.

--riverman

Old November 4th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Stan Gula

riverman wrote:
Just stumbled across this fascinating article about the 2000
elections, and it has some very relevant info about this election.
Before the flames begin, it vindicates the Pirate and his defense of
the original Florida ballot, and it vindicates my frustration on the
urban vs. rural vote of this (and last) election. All in all, it has
some interesting perspectives, supported by some managable
mathematics and logic.

Worth a look. From both sides.

--riverman

Wow, that was awesome. Says it all.
--
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps

Old November 4th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Tim J.

riverman wrote:
Just stumbled across this fascinating article about the 2000
elections, and it has some very relevant info about this election.
Before the flames begin, it vindicates the Pirate and his defense of
the original Florida ballot, and it vindicates my frustration on the
urban vs. rural vote of this (and last) election. All in all, it has
some interesting perspectives, supported by some managable
mathematics and logic.

Worth a look. From both sides.

You forgot the link. Here, let me help:
http://css.sbcma.com/timj/pics/f--kit.bmp
--
TL,
Tim

Old November 4th, 2004, 09:32 PM
riverman

"Tim J." wrote in message
riverman wrote:
Just stumbled across this fascinating article about the 2000
elections, and it has some very relevant info about this election.
Before the flames begin, it vindicates the Pirate and his defense of
the original Florida ballot, and it vindicates my frustration on the
urban vs. rural vote of this (and last) election. All in all, it has
some interesting perspectives, supported by some managable
mathematics and logic.

Worth a look. From both sides.

You forgot the link. Here, let me help:

Wow, I have GOT to stop drinking so much coffee in the afternoons. The link
is:
http://members.cox.net/mathmistakes/polling.htm

--riverman
(yowsa)

Old November 4th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Dave LaCourse

Myron writes:

http://members.cox.net/mathmistakes/polling.htm

"This is the fourth time it has happened in American history. (1824 - Andrew
Jackson wins popular vote, but lost electoral vote to John Quincy Adams; 1876 -
Samuel Tilden wins popular vote but lost electoral vote to Rutherford B. Hayes;
1888 GROVER CLEVELAND wins popular vote but lost electoral vote to BENJAMIN
HARRISON.)

Interesting reading. I knew there had been at least another tie in my
lifetime, but couldn/t remember who.

The county map is very revealing. Never saw that before.

Old November 4th, 2004, 10:23 PM
George Adams

Let's hope this is the last friggin' post we have about the 2000 election.

George Adams

"All good fishermen stay young until they die, for fishing is the only dream of
youth that doth not grow stale with age."
---- J.W Muller

Old November 4th, 2004, 10:24 PM
riverman

"George Adams" wrote in message
Let's hope this is the last friggin' post we have about the 2000 election.

Nope, sorry.

--riverman

Old November 4th, 2004, 10:32 PM
riverman

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
Myron writes:

http://members.cox.net/mathmistakes/polling.htm

"This is the fourth time it has happened in American history. (1824 -
Andrew
Jackson wins popular vote, but lost electoral vote to John Quincy Adams;

Actually, in 1824 John Q. Adams lost both the popular vote (108,740 to
153,544) AND the electoral vote (84-99), AND did not even receive the
majority of electoral votes, but was awarded the presidency anyway by the
House!! Glad we weren't around in THOSE days...

--riverman