Fly Software

Old February 17th, 2006, 10:04 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Default Fly Software

Mr. Opus McDopus typed:
"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"Mr. Opus McDopus" wrote in message

"Tim J." wrote in message
kenfortenberry typed:
Tim J. wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
So answer me this cowardly punk, who are you ?

I forget.

So it's you, is it Timmy ?

No, it wasn't me, but there's nothing wrong with living
vicariously. ;-)
You're a disappointment, Timmy.

Mom? Is that you?

Remind me, once again, just who you are?

He's the HMFIC.

Head Monkey ****er In Charge?

Close, but no cigar: http://css.sbcma.com/timj/acronyms/
--
TL,
Tim

Old February 18th, 2006, 03:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

RE Would fly tiers LIKE to see a service like that, where connecting
users
could fill out a form, in order to upload fly images and describe
flies,
....essentially publish their own webpages, in a publicly
queriable site?

FWIW: I actually got that much running. Once logged in, with a valid
login name and password, php session variables, a bit of client side
javascript and a mysql database allows surprisingly flexible
description,
with almost arbitrarily complex material lists, image uploading and
automatic
page generation.
But the database is currently empty.
I tried to write a perl-robot to crawl all the well-known fly tying
sites,
grap URLs to image pages, and then to look for keyword attributes
in the text of the page, to punch in as search criteria for the pages.

But writing the robot is a degenerating into an artificial intelligence
(the kind I have?) problem. It ain't easy.

I may have to offer cheap or free logins, until some data builds up
into the database, so there is something to look at.
Or get smart and finish the robot.

Old February 18th, 2006, 04:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

"Tim J." wrote in message
Head Monkey ****er In Charge?

Close, but no cigar: http://css.sbcma.com/timj/acronyms/
--
TL,
Tim

I knew that, but I was tryin' to be cute, really!

Op

Old February 18th, 2006, 05:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly.tying

Mr. Opus McDopus wrote:
"Tim J." wrote in message
Head Monkey ****er In Charge?

Close, but no cigar: http://css.sbcma.com/timj/acronyms/

I knew that, but I was tryin' to be cute, really!

As strange as it may seem, yours truly, the keeper of all roffian
acronyms, did NOT know what it meant. I had to ask direction from a
kindly stranger. . .
--
TL,
Tim