"FALL CLASSIC" on theDelaware River..CANCELED

Old September 30th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Chief13amc

Default "FALL CLASSIC" on theDelaware River..CANCELED

Due to the recent flooding conditions along the Delaware River we have been
forced to cancel the open buddy tournament scheduled for October 3rd at the
Neshaminy Marina. This tournament will not be rescheduled.

We apologize for any inconvenience,Hope to see you at next years "SPRING
FLING"!

Allen
911 Bass Anglers
Bucks County PA
Old September 30th, 2004, 01:42 AM
go-bassn

What the F! Tri-State'll be out there on the 2nd tearing them up Allen!
Seriously, the river will be fine by the weekend, why cancel?

Warren

Old September 30th, 2004, 09:25 AM
G. M. Zimmermann

Seriously, the river will be fine by the weekend, why cancel?

Warren,
The last weather report I heard (for the Reading area, anyway) was for
more rain all day Saturday (Oct 2), possibly heavy rain and more flash flood
warnings etc. Even if the river is down enough to fish, it doesn't sound like
any weather I'd want to fish in.

-Zimmy
Old September 30th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Christopher P. Cericola

"G. M. Zimmermann" wrote in message
The last weather report I heard (for the Reading area, anyway) was for
more rain all day Saturday (Oct 2), possibly heavy rain and more flash flood
warnings etc. Even if the river is down enough to fish, it doesn't sound
like any weather I'd want to fish in.

From Fox29:

The high pressure system that will clear our skies tonight will also bring
sunshine and pleasant highs in the seventies on Friday. A tiny taste of
summery weather on Saturday as we climb to the upper 70s!
But don't get used to it. A cold front is set to travel through the region
by Saturday evening, with showers and a few thunderstorms (no more flooding
expected).
The air behind it is a blast from Canada, so get ready for sweater-weather
on Sunday, and into next week!

Old October 1st, 2004, 01:03 AM
go-bassn

Sorry Zim, the forcast for the rest of the week, through the weekend, is
nearly perfect. Weather has to be pretty extreme to cancel a bass
tournament. High water isn't usually a deciding factor. On the Delaware
the flooding is above the tidewater anyway, not where we fish our tourneys.

Warren

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

Old October 1st, 2004, 05:13 AM
go-bassn

Hey, if you guys are cancelling this you outta say so on your site. Looks
like it's on there...

WW

Old October 1st, 2004, 09:27 AM
G. M. Zimmermann

From Fox29:

The high pressure system that will clear our skies tonight will also bring
sunshine and pleasant highs in the seventies on Friday. A tiny taste of
summery weather on Saturday as we climb to the upper 70s!
But don't get used to it. A cold front is set to travel through the region
by Saturday evening, with showers and a few thunderstorms (no more flooding
expected).
The air behind it is a blast from Canada, so get ready for sweater-weather
on Sunday, and into next week!

I got the previous report from a Reading AM radio station, which got its info
from the national weather service. As of 4:00 this morning, they are calling
for "scattered showers in the morning, with numerous thunderstorms developing
in the afternoon. chance of rain 80%" for Saturday. That report was for
Reading/Berks, so maybe down Philly way, you wont get as much as we will. If
you do go out, good luck and stay dry.

-Zimmy
Old October 1st, 2004, 03:38 PM
steve wolk

3 or 4. Are you still cancelling?

WW

"Chief13amc" wrote in message
What time are the weigh in..i'll be down...neshaminy?
Allen
911 Bass Anglers
Bucks County PA

Old October 1st, 2004, 05:25 PM
Chief13amc

Yes, we are sending checks back to those that pre registered.I am going to stop
down and see you Saturday.
Allen
911 Bass Anglers
Bucks County PA
Old October 1st, 2004, 06:15 PM
go-bassn

Might not be a bad idea to have someone there Sunday morning too, just to
explain the deal to those that show up...